Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hello (again) 
Peasant
Peasant

Post Hello (again)
Hi
I used to post here years ago as TsmnDs but have since forgotten my password and changed my e-mail - hence the new account. Anyway, I've been interested in Marie Antoinette since the mid 70's when my Mum gave me a copy of The Queen's Confession. I read everything about her that I could lay my hands on - not so easy in those pre-internet days; particularly in the North of Scotland, but I amassed quite a collection of books, which still take pride of place in the dining room ;)
I have been away from Marie Antoinette for some time but recently picked up Susan Nagel's Marie Therese; the fate of Marie Antoinette's daughter. I have just finished chapter one and am at odds with it already, so I thought I'd pop back to the forum to see what you guys had to say about it. And to catch up.

Thu May 10, 2012 10:01 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Hello (again)
Hi Nell and Welcome Back! There is a discussion of Nagel's book in the Literature section - please give your thoughts.

Thu May 10, 2012 6:31 pm
Peasant
Peasant

Post Re: Hello (again)
Hello Lilly, and thank you for the welcome :)
Nagel's book seems to crop up all over this forum and it would appear that I am not alone in finding it somewhat contentious. But I have found much food for thought here. What a great forum this is.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]