Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Ah, see I'm not dead 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Ah, see I'm not dead
Sorry for my absence. Of course, I was never around long enough for anyone to be too troubled by my disappearance, but that's neither here nor there. My excuse is fair though: I was preparing for my last stretch of high school, finals and all that. And huzzah, my methodical work (read: hardcore procrastination succeeded by last minute cramming) paid off and I've graduated with high honors. Hoorah for me! And now before I lumber off to higher education, I look forward to having more discussions of our favorite French queen, and the revolution that destroyed her, with all of you.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:33 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Ah, see I'm not dead
:wave:

Good luck for the exam, so nice to have you back !

Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:50 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Exams are finished for the Summer now, as per American tradition. So they are no longer a burden I have to bear until I begin my training this coming September. :D Thank you very much, Ludy!

Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:27 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Where are you from (in the US) btw ?

Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:22 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I'm from a sleepy little suburb outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. So Northeast. It's nifty because for a history nerd like me, I happen to be located near a lot of the sites of some of key events in my nation's history. Gettysburg which hosted the biggest battle in our Civil War and Philadelphia which pretty much hosted everything else that ever happened (I'm exaggerating) all are in driving distance. Hoorah for me!

I understand that you live in France, yes? I could be mistaken, forgive me if I am. :shock: You have no idea how nifty I think that is. The European countries, and frankly almost any country that isn't the United States (again I exaggerate a smidge) are just so rich and full of history that is - here's the kicker - older than 200 years. It's difficult for someone who cannot look much farther back than 1776 to really wrap her mind around that. :baby:

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:02 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I have indeed lived in France most of my life, but right now and for a few months I am in the US - not so far from Pittsburgh : in Chicago. And I enjoy it very much.)))

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:43 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Ah, now Baron's reference to the windy city earlier makes sense. How silly of me not to have realized before! :oops: You're right, Chicago isn't far away at all. My sister's visited, but unfortunately I haven't gotten around to it. She loved it, although that may have been because it is the setting for her favorite television show, Gunsmith Cats. May I ask what brings you to the States, or is that being too nosy?

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:54 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

A short term work placement with the French Consulate, which is in Chicago. You're not being too nosy at all !

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:54 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Wow. That is nothing short of impressive. :shock: I hope you enjoy your stay.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:34 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thank you so much, it is very nice of you to say so.

Having the highest honors is very impressive too, it will open many doors, you will see. Congatulations.

To prove you that your absence was not unnoticed, here is a link to the thread where I mentioned it quite a few months ago.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2471

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:05 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Thank you very much! On both counts, for the congratulations and for the high compliment you paid me in that thread. :D

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]