Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next
 Welcome to Marie Antoinette Online 
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post Re: Welcome to Marie Antoinette Online
a

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Last edited by Ray on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:45 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ray, that is Amy Lee of Evanescence. Not Amy Winehouse.(:

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

O

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Last edited by Ray on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:00 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ray wrote:
Oh My God. You're right! Sorry. Thank you for clearing that up...

De rien,(:

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Noble
Noble

Hello all,

I never knew such a forum existed! I am amazed and so excited at the same time! My husband doesn't understand my obsession with "dead caucasian people." I'm glad I am among those that understand my facination! I love Marie, she is one of my favorite historical figures; I am obsessed with female royal figures from Cleopatra to Marie Antoinette to Elizabeth I, etc. I stumbled accross this site researching photos of MA for a painting/illustration I would like to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:49 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Welcome CherryDarling!
I just joined this site recently as well and am happy to report that you will not find a better group of people with which to share your enthusiasm for bygone persons and places. The suggestions you asked for are regarding specifically what, if I may ask? Are you asking for a suggestion for the composition of a painting? If so, what about a picture of Marie as the Dauphine sitting on the rim of a fountain trailing the fingers of one hand in the water while a small bird alights on her other raised and upturned palm? She could be looking delightedly toward the bird on her hand and the background could be one of grand and idyllic pastoral splendor. Just an idea, if I haven't missed the point entirely! Anyway, welcome to the group once again and I hope you enjoy it.

Sincerely,
Ray

Edmund Burke, (1790)

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:13 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Oh My Goodness,
I must stop skimming and learn to slow down and read everything. Yes, Elle, I am Southern and would like to consider myself a gentleman. Comte de Provence, you are so kind to say such things about Georgia. :) You have a sister here? How wonderful. Sorry guys, I hope you didn't think I was rude or anything because I didn't respond to your kind and thoughtful comments. I have only just seen them. Thank you all for everything and may your day be extraordinary!

Sincerely,
Ray

Edmund Burke, (1790)

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:24 am
Noble
Noble

Ray wrote:
The suggestions you asked for are regarding specifically what, if I may ask? Are you asking for a suggestion for the composition of a painting? If so, what about a picture of Marie as the Dauphine sitting on the rim of a fountain trailing the fingers of one hand in the water while a small bird alights on her other raised and upturned palm? She could be looking delightedly toward the bird on her hand and the background could be one of grand and idyllic pastoral splendor. Just an idea, if I haven't missed the point entirely!

Sincerely,
Ray

Wow, Ray! That sounds lovely!! Thank you so much! I am working on a series of whimsical painted illustrations of "bygone persons" of fabulousness and your vision is quite beautiful...stunning! Thanks so much.

Regards,

CherryDarling

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:27 am
Royalty
Royalty

Bienvenue dear! I think you will enjoy your time here. Please do post your portrait of Marie Antoinette here when you have finished. Browse through the galleries on http://marie-antoinette.org and I am sure you will find inspiration. LadyReading also has a very good portrait gallery: http://www.ladyreading.net/marieantoinette/index-en.html

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:53 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Well come Cherry Darling!!!! come indulge yourself here!! I don't think anybody's husband understands the fascination. You are among kindred spirits here from all over the world!!!

To Ray, a bird on the hand? you are a hopeless romantic!
I would like to see a beautiful realistic painting of the young Dauphine far out on the property of Versailles, clothes askew, laughing, running and playing with the servant's kids, while in the background like the voice of doom, comes Comtesse Noailles! Madame ettequitte, to make her come back to the palace and behave decorously. although that is probably not what you had in mind for a fabulousness series. In the thread MA and pop culture, under MA, on pg 2 I put in the picture of a very beautiful and expensive doll. She looks fabulous, I would love to see or have a painting of that depiction. As Delicate Fleur said, please do post any painting because we would all love to see. An artist, :angel4: I would like to see the whole fabulous series.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:44 pm
Noble
Noble

You are all too kind, thank you so much for the warm welcome! I appreciate the the invitation to post my finished work, I wasn't sure if that would be acceptable. Thank you again and I look forward to chatting with you all and getting to know you.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:04 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

As we do with you, our original art selection is sadly very slim.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:04 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, I would love to see pictures!!!

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Hi guys. This topic like others in this section of the board is largely unmoderated. That being said, it is intended to be a place where we welcome new comers to the board. If you're not greeting someone or helping them with a forum related questions please find some place else for your discussion.

Imagine you had just found this board, all excited at the prospect of discussing Marie Antoinette with like minded people and the first posts you read are dare I say it crudely expressed views about the character of a popular musician. A little confusing no? Off topic posts have been deleted. I tried to move them to the new forum but they don't make sense being interjected over there. Remember you can open a topic about anything you like in the Tete-a-tete forum, unless it is intended to offend or persecute someone I don't care what you talk about over there.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:04 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Royalty
Royalty

This is what I find so frustrating about the board these days, so many off topic discussions... :?

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next