Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next
 Welcome to Marie Antoinette Online 
Noble
Noble

Post Re: Welcome to Marie Antoinette Online
I have recently become overwhelmed with anything involving Marie Antoinette and The French Revolution as a whole. I find I can not think of anything else as of late.

Thank you for letting me into this precious place. I will be posting most in the evening.

Look out for me!
Jacqueline

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:21 pm
Hello All! My simple interest is the journey the young Maria Antonia took from her homeland to the city of Paris and of course Versaille. I am fortunate enough to travel to Europe this summer. I will start in Praugue, then Vienna, Salzburg, Strousburg.....then to Paris. I would appreciate any information especially maps of her path to the throne of France. My name is Sarah, and I live in San Francisco, CA USA. I live by way of Boston, MA. Reading Abundance, was an eye opening book. I can not wait to travel to Europe to see what Marie might have seen....

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:21 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Well then, "skikttn", one excellent book to read would certainly be "Walks through Marie Antionette's Paris" by Diana Reid Haig. It's about the places Antoinette visited in Paris throughout her life and of course about her first journey from Vienna to Versailles. It's a good start, I think, if you are gonna visit those places yourself.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:30 pm
Noble
Noble

Hello/Bonjour!
My French is not so good typing~ I pre-apologize for that. My name is Rachael, and I live in the US. I have been peeking on the boards for some time~ I am very impressed with how knowledgable you all are, and am looking foreward to chatting more as my time allows. I own a museum of early fashion, from 1700~1870.....with the fashions of the 18th century some of my favorite.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

1750mantuamaker wrote:
I own a museum of early fashion, from 1700~1870.....with the fashions of the 18th century some of my favorite.

Hello! That sounds just wonderful. Hope you can show us som pictures of some fashions.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:01 pm
Noble
Noble

I have a BLOG for the museum~ Im not sure if I am allowed to post it here, if I am, let me know and I will tell the web address. I specialize in childrens things, but do have adult wear as well.
Rachael

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

1750mantuamaker wrote:
I have a BLOG for the museum~ Im not sure if I am allowed to post it here, if I am, let me know and I will tell the web address. I specialize in childrens things, but do have adult wear as well.

If you are allowed (of course), then it would be nice if you post the web address for the museum - and your blog - it would be very interesting to see.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:46 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Yes please! I would love to see what you have. :D

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:42 pm
Noble
Noble

I did update my profile and added it there~ I dont want to break any rules by adding it in my post! You will see I also paint and make Queen Anne dolls, (to support the museum), so you can sort thru the posts by clicking on the 'museum' tab on the right of my blog. I am trying to make a point to keep it updated this year~ i get so busy it laggs behind often
Rachael

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Wonderful!

Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:38 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

the site seems very interesting. Thank you! I can't wait to dive into it when I have a bit more time.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:54 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Just wanted to say....I got a new avatar. Not that it's a big deal, I just felt funny not having a "person" as my avatar. :)

~ Marie Antoinette to Marie Theresa, 11 November, 1780

http://WalltoWallPaintball.com

Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:55 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Never fear, dear Mondeskind, it looks lovely! :D

Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:28 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Fleur, merci.

I was just so glad no one else had this portrait of her as their avatar! I love this portrait of her.

~ Marie Antoinette to Marie Theresa, 11 November, 1780

http://WalltoWallPaintball.com

Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:35 pm
Hi am new to Marie Antoinette Online. I happy to know that there are others like me that share my great interest in the former Archduchess and Queen. I can't wait to learn more!

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next