Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 yesss this woman 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post yesss this woman
she really loves our Louis
http://redpassion.deviantart.com/
see most of all the pictures where she kisses louis :blob7:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:27 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: yesss this woman
Well, I am glad you like it. I am not sure I do. She mentions it's a MA free zone and seems very infatuated with Louis. I remember a member here used to have some trouble with this person, abusing him and the like. Still, each to their own. :)

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:20 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Délicate fleur wrote:
Well, I am glad you like it. I am not sure I do. She mentions it's a MA free zone and seems very infatuated with Louis. I remember a member here used to have some trouble with this person, abusing him and the like. Still, each to their own. :)

who said that I like it?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:28 pm
Royalty
Royalty

I mean no offence, but I think it is hideous.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Royalty
Royalty

I don't like it, either. Not only because of the MA-boycott. It is simply embarrassing.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Anouk wrote:
I don't like it, either. Not only because of the MA-boycott. It is simply embarrassing.

i agree :blob7:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:10 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Eh. Everyone enjoys history a little bit differently. Studious discussion and scholarly debate has its place, but sometimes it's fun to just kick back and imagine yourself sharing to tea with the Duchess of Wellington, or, apparently, making out with Louis XVI. At the very least, I can hardly judge. This last anniversary of Thermidor a group of internet friends and I were simply inconsolable; there was keyboard smashing, concerns that our tears would destroy our electrical equipment, and if we had ash I imagine we would have poured them over our heads biblical style! It was 'embarrassing' I suppose, if anyone had peeked in on our discussion, but it was fun -- and since we're not being paid to sit back on DeviantArt, reblog on tumblr, or post on a forum, all our historical discussions are just recreational fun.

Who am I to say that someone is having 'fun' wrong?

As Délicate fleur said, to each their own. However, if they have been rude or abusive to Marie Antoinette fans, then that was very wrong on their part. But that seems to me to be a separate category from their apparent love of Louis XVI.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:57 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Quote:
This last anniversary of Thermidor a group of internet friends and I were simply inconsolable; there was keyboard smashing, concerns that our tears would destroy our electrical equipment, and if we had ash I imagine we would have poured them over our heads biblical style!

What you describe is reverence, Vive, not silliness! It is one thing to mourn... but this woman is... disrespectful! And possibly insane! ( I am as scandalized as a puritan would be! :lol: ) Oh well, you are right. Each person has a unique way of dealing with their love of a historical figure. This woman's way is no less valid than mine, or anyone's, for that matter. But, oh, how embarrassed the late King would be. :wink:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:30 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Oh, I may have described 'reverence' but there was less serious discussions as well. One of the most amusing moments was in the middle of some incoherent keyboard smashing, someone suddenly typed in all caps, "WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BROUNT!?" Brount had been Robespierre's dog. Immediately, the Francophones scoured the French wikipedia, I tore open my dozens of Robespierre biographies, and everyone threw themselves into a search for the fate of the canine.

We never found it. But at least that incident has some degree of scholarship insofar as we were doing research? Someone also drew Saint-Just holding Robespierre's torn jaw, vowing to find the "prince" who had lost it.

It wasn't necessarily a studious time, is what I'm saying, but then we weren't trying to be super serious either. We were sad about the anniversary of the death of a historical figure we were fond of, and we consoled each other with bouts of silliness. Would Robespierre have found our drawings of his bloody jaw being discovered by his friend disrespectful? Oh yes, the little prig most certainly would have.

But well, he's dead. And he's been dead for 218 years now. The jokes aren't "too soon" and moreover, since all of us had an undeniable fondness for the 'Incorruptible' there was no ill intent.

I think disrespect has to be intended. This woman clearly means no disrespect to Louis XVI; the king may have been embarrassed if he knew, but I'm sure he'd prefer that undiluted adulation to Revolutionary Calumnies. ;)

And it really is a matter of perspective. One of my close friends is a very studious scholar of the American duo Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton. She is probably one of the most brilliant people I know and could give any credited historian a run for his money when it comes to knowing the details in their lives or intricacies of their personalities. But on the internet she writes 'fanfiction' of the pair's friendship...which sometimes escalates into something stronger than friendship, if you get me.

I repeat that she is brilliant, she she is wealth of encyclopedic knowledge about both Burr and Hamilton. She can be as studious and eloquent as they come. But when she is being playful, less-than-savory writings are sprung onto the internet.... And I think that's okay.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:03 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Quote:
One of the most amusing moments was in the middle of some incoherent keyboard smashing, someone suddenly typed in all caps, "WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BROUNT!?"

That is sweet! :lol:

Your vigil still sounds reverent, while this woman has introduced a rather unsavory element... I do not believe that one must be straitlaced constantly concerning matters of history, after all, there are numerous occasions of myself bursting into tears at the very first glimpse of a portrait of Marie Antoinette, or even something that had belonged to her, such is my grief! :lol:

This woman may have fun however she pleases, she doesn't need my approval. But I am so defensive of the honor of Louis and Antoinette that I nearly have a stroke each time I remember the scene in Sofia Coppola's abomination when Kirsten Dunst is nude in the Queen's room, with nothing but a fan and stockings... I keep imagining poor Antoinette furious that this strange woman was indecent in her room! :oops: It is hard for me to accept these things.

Quote:
And it really is a matter of perspective. One of my close friends is a very studious scholar of the American duo Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton. She is probably one of the most brilliant people I know and could give any credited historian a run for his money when it comes to knowing the details in their lives or intricacies of their personalities. But on the internet she writes 'fanfiction' of the pair's friendship...which sometimes escalates into something stronger than friendship, if you get me.

I get you! :lol: Somehow this doesn't strike me... maybe I am only defensive of Louis! :shock:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]