Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 I know you'll understand the excitement! 
Noble
Noble

Post I know you'll understand the excitement!
I drove across the other side of Sydney the other day in the search for Marie Antoinette books. I use to work at Paddington (10 years ago now) and know there is a good secondhand store with a french history section. I was sure to find something there. Stopped at other store on the way - they had nothing. So got to Paddington and they had nothing! Mostly books about Napoleon, and Louis XIV. I had my little boy with me (as my husband was busy sawing and drilling creating some "project" in the garage), and I was telling him (he is only 18 months old but I talk to him constantly) that I use to work here and there was a nice shop across the street that sold yummy chicken burgers - but wait, its gone! And it is now a cafe/secondhand bookshop! THought I had better make a quick stop in there, even though the little boy was getting hungrey and tired. Noticed a sign - 40% non-fiction. So I crossed my fingers and look what I got!

Marie Antoinette by Ian Dunlop
Marie Antoinette by John Hearsey
The Fatal Friendship by Stanley Loomis

Got them all for 40% off ($14 total), at a bookshop I didn't know about.

Then we went off to Bondi Junction for some lunch. And at Borders I was able to get the DVD of one of the Marie Antoinette documentaries.

Today we had to drive my husband to work, so we then headed off to another good second hand bookstore with a french history section (we were half way there anyway), and I got:

The Faithful Servant by Mary Fitton (about Madame Campan)

So I am getting on the way to stocking myself up with Marie Antoinette books!

Reading is my escape!
http://www.readingandbeading.blogspot.com

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:54 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I have been enchanted, as well! What a lovely passion, eh? I have 4 children and my youngest is 20 months. Just think when they grow up what they will find in our bookshelves...

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]