Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire
I want to see it. I like Keira Knightly, she is better than Paris Hilton some actors are period actors however I like Keira's acting, however like Kirsten Dunst they are more suited for modern films. I like them both. :)

Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:29 pm
Royalty
Royalty

I also like the costumes, which is designed by Micheal O' Conner, I love the costumes, they are subdued yet extremely ladylike and feminine. I wish I wasn't such a sucker for pretty dresses.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:35 pm
Royalty
Royalty

like her pouf it's sleek, yet it's not too modern. Do you mean this picture Délicate fleur?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/c ... 1_0258.jpg

Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:39 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, I like the costumes too...

Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:40 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Hellou_Librorum wrote:
like her pouf it's sleek, yet it's not too modern. Do you mean this picture Délicate fleur?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/c ... 1_0258.jpg

No dear, this one:
Attachment:
bwhite1.jpg
bwhite1.jpg [ 71.97 KiB | Viewed 2509 times ]

The picture you posted was quite lovely.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:54 am
Hi Everybody,

I have to say that I really enjoyed the book by Amanda Foreman and I reccomend anyone who is interested in Marie Antoinette to read it...their lives were quite similar in the tragic sense but also in the way that they were both fashion icons and leaders in society at the time. After reading the book I thought it would make a great film and coincidently at I found out that there actual was a film going to be made, which got me all excited!! It wasn't untill I found out that Keira Knightly was going to play her that I felt really disapointed. I have nothing against her as an actress but visually she looks nothing like her...to begin with Georgina was known to me quite curvacious and certainly not the skinny pouting little thing that Keira is!! All Eyes shifted to the Duchess when she entered a room and i just don't think that Keira has that ability or pressence. I believe Kate Winslet would have been far better suited to the role. But it seems to me that at the moment everyone in Hollywood seems to think that Keira is the only English actress out there!!!!
Needless to say I will not be going to see the film, I really don't want to be disapointed!

Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:58 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Looks like a very interesting film!

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:17 am
Royalty
Royalty

Good Lord! That is an atrocious wig! :shock:

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:12 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Even though she is thin, they can make her look quite curvacious with a "fat suit" if they wanted to, and use prosthesis to change the appearance of an actor. There are certainly other English actresses who could suit the role. I am hoping that she will be good and plays the Duchess well. Look at Amadeus, they turned Frank Murray from a forty year old man and with prosthesis, to a 80 year old man!

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:18 pm
Noble
Noble

I've read Amanda Foreman's biography of Georgiana and would recommend it to anyone. One thing I really enjoyed about it was the epilogue where it went into great detail about the role of women in the 18th century and explained how they really did gain and wield such immense power in all aspects of life, including politics. Georgiana was a prime example of this with Devonshire House being one of the main Whig headquarters and she hosted many dinners there which were attended by prominent movers and shakers in the political scene.

I would like to see the film, if only to see how well it stands up to the biography it is based on. I have seen the trailer and thought it a bit sexed-up, but that's Hollywood for you.

Coincidentally, I took my avatar name from the biography. Marie Antoinette's code name was said to be Mrs. Brown or Mrs. B in the correspondence of Georgiana and the Duke of Dorset, who I believe was the English ambassador in Paris at the time.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:16 am
Royalty
Royalty

I find Marie Antoinette's code name very clever. Was it Mrs. Bourbon?

Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:29 pm
Noble
Noble

I was just browsing the website for The Duchess movie and I wondered if there was anything on here about her and her friendship with Marie Antoinette and there is!! Thanks for the info!! I am very interested in reading the book, I will pick it up before the movie comes out which is next month! I am excited about the movie though I don't think Keira Knightley is the best pick for obvious reasons. Check out the website, http://www.theduchessmovie.com, they have some great info in the "Discover" section, a couple of trailers and some photos. I'm such a sucker for pretty dresses and big hair! Enjoy! I know I am!

Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:59 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I can't wait to pick up The Dutchess. I've wanted to read it for awhile. I just wanted to let everyone know what in the September issue of Vogue there is a really interesting article anout Georgiana written by the woman who wrote the book on her. Definatly check it out.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:58 pm
Royalty
Royalty

I can't wait to see The Dutchess.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:07 pm
Royalty
Royalty

http://www.amanda-foreman.com/upfront.shtml

Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next