Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Marie Antoinette and her brother Joseph 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Re: Marie Antoinette and her brother Joseph
Torin wrote:
MA's brother - Joseph always stated that he loved her, but there is one thing about him I don't like. I think he was manipulating her many times and was making a pressure on her refering to policy. Many times he asked her to influence on the king to do this and that. Joseph told her that she should make the greatest impact in history and he meant policy. Another time he, irritated, told her that they (the king and the rest of advisors) made her a fool in the matter of exchanging territories (Niderlands) by Joseph. One way or another he didn't allow Marie Antoinette to stay aside and be unpolitical.

I very much agree with you but her brother was problibly just looking out for her for safty thats what I think.Maybe her brother had his reasons I mean he most defenatly loved her very much.And yes he was manipulating her alot but I think he just wanted to check her or something like if shes ready to take the throne or something like that and yes he irrated her but he most defineltly had his reasons.Or maybe its all oppisode he propblily was like this in porpose or mabe he was jelous of her .

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:49 pm
Profile YIM
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Oh, mon Dieu! I can imagine Madame Ettiquette's fretting over Joseph...lol, imagine being called a simple little name like 'Antonia' after becoming Marie Antoinette, Queen of France??

Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2