Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What actually happened to the young Dauphin? 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: What actually happened to the young Dauphin?
thats interesting, i didnt know that.
i've just started getting very interested in biology.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:58 pm
Please refer to next post.

Last edited by Le Dauphin Bleu on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:51 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Can't read your link and please introduce yourself otherwise you could just be another spammer.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:33 am
No, I'm not another spammer. The link I posted an article from the Milwaukee Journal dated 22.09.1936. If you Google Lost Dauphin and James Henry Rion it should be the second article on first link. I've reposted the link. I apologize for the confusion. Best Regards, Anna

The headline is as follows:

"They've Found The Lost Dauphin Again, This Time In A South Carolina Family"

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=E3 ... %2C1109765

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:40 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Well welcome here then Anna! :)

For your info there is a section "Introductions" which always helps us know a little about new members and enables us to feel more confident about them as we have had some bad experience with spammers here. Obviously its' not obligatory, but I consider it more courteous.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Interesting article....

I am one of the people who firmly believe that the poor boy was murdered in the tower. As sad as that realization is.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:13 pm
The first link is an article that appeared in publications throughout the US in July of 1932. James Henry Rion made a deathbed confession in 1887 asserting that he was the son of the Dauphin. This, of course, was immediately dismissed. JHR appeared on the scene from out of nowhere and was taken under the wing of then US Vice President, James Calhoun. He met Mary Catherine Weir and they were married on 11 December 1851 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania which, coincidently, lies in Dauphin County. Harrisburg was previously named Louisburg in honor of Louis XVI for France's contribution to the colonists during the Revolutionary War. It was later changed to Harrisburg for reasons unknown to this writer. The Rion Family was spared the wrath of Sherman's March to Atlanta during the US Civil War. Mary Catherine held great influence with both the the Union and Confederate Armies. I have posted a link to a publication that tells the story of a great and influential woman and her life with James Henry. Scroll to page 11.

Their youngest daughter was Hanna Rion. She was a concert pianist, an artist and an internationally published author. One of her marriages was to a Frank Verbeck. Mr. Verbeck was an artist. He did illustrative drawings for many turn of century authors one of which was Frank Baum, creator of The Wizard of Oz. Hanna was a matron of 11 hospitals in England and wrote a book entitled, The Truth About Twilight Sleep. This book was instrumental in bringing this child birthing procedure to the states in the early 1900's. Hanna died at her home in Bermuda in 1924. Her last book was published that same year, Fate and a Marionette. If you can get your hands on this very rare publication I'm certain you'll find it most interesting. Good day.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Dz ... %2C5286262

http://www.southerngardenhistory.org/PD ... r%2002.pdf

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3