Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Madame Elisabeth 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Madame Elisabeth
Madame Elisabeth was a very insperational woman if you ask me. She served her family well, never leaving them in dispair or pain. I think its such a shame that this beautiful woman died along with the innocent royal family. Here is my question......

Do you think that she needed to die? That if she hadnt the terror would have sky rocketed even more then it did. I dont thinkshe deserved to die but I think it was more of a sacriffice. She didnt complain even though she was basicly killed because she was the kings sister. She went to her death like the angel she was.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:04 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post Re: Madame Elisabeth
I don't think anyone is going to defend the execution of Madame Elisabeth. While one could argue for the political necessities of the executions of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, I don't think there's any argument to be made for Madame Elisabeth. Consequentially, her death had no effect on the Terror either way, there were much more important factors driving it.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:58 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I know what you mean. I just think its depresing that the only reason she died is 'cause she was the kings sister.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:48 am
Royalty
Royalty

There is already a topic about her. Please, search it on "Family"! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=353

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:11 am
Royalty
Royalty

Yes, this topic should be moved.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:16 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

then move it but dont stop writting!!!!

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:06 pm
Royalty
Royalty

okay :)

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:34 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

ok

Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:04 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Just a note on multiple threads. Sometimes it's a bit daunting to see a thread that you are interested in, or may have just one question about something in particular and see that the thread has 3,4,5,....pages, it can be intimidating. Many of us don't have the time to search through hundreds of posts to see if something has already been brought up or not. Especially when looking to see that what you want to post hasn't already been posted. It can also be refreshing to see that a new thread has been started. Like this. If someone happens to know of a certain post that is related, it can be more helpful sometimes to just offer the link in a reply.
It's the difference between someone asking me a question and I say," Go read this book." However if I have an idea as to where in the book an answer may lay, I would say,"I think your answer is in this chapter possibly half way through."
If there were 25 thread titled Madame Elisabeth that would be one thing, but 2 or 3 shouldn't be an issue. Any of this make sense? I hope so, but it is just my opinion.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:29 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Poor Madame Elizabeth! There was absolutely nothing to be gained or lost by her execution. Another example of the sheer brutality of the Revolutionaries. She was executed with several other people (22-24), all were taken from the prison in tumbrils to the Place de la Revolution.
As a last little act of cruelty, Madame Elizabeth was forced to watch everyone die before her as they chose to make her last. The executioner also apparently tore her clothing away from her neck exposing her more than she was comfortable with (I think just shoulders) and she was said to have begged him for modesty.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:20 am
Royalty
Royalty

ShaktiValkyrie wrote:
Just a note on multiple threads. Sometimes it's a bit daunting to see a thread that you are interested in, or may have just one question about something in particular and see that the thread has 3,4,5,....pages, it can be intimidating. Many of us don't have the time to search through hundreds of posts to see if something has already been brought up or not. Especially when looking to see that what you want to post hasn't already been posted. It can also be refreshing to see that a new thread has been started. Like this. If someone happens to know of a certain post that is related, it can be more helpful sometimes to just offer the link in a reply.
It's the difference between someone asking me a question and I say," Go read this book." However if I have an idea as to where in the book an answer may lay, I would say,"I think your answer is in this chapter possibly half way through."
If there were 25 thread titled Madame Elisabeth that would be one thing, but 2 or 3 shouldn't be an issue. Any of this make sense? I hope so, but it is just my opinion.

You can always run a search on a topic that will bring up posts that have what you are interested in.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:58 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

dreamoutloud wrote:
I don't think anyone is going to defend the execution of Madame Elisabeth. While one could argue for the political necessities of the executions of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, I don't think there's any argument to be made for Madame Elisabeth. Consequentially, her death had no effect on the Terror either way, there were much more important factors driving it.

One could also argue that it was a grave political mistake to execute Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. It ended British neutrality in the Revolution, strengthed European support of the loyalists, and ultimately hastened the Revolution's demise.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]