Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Marie Antoinette's children 

Did Marie Antoinette had a favorite son?
Yes. It was Marie-Thérèse-Charlotte 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Yes. It was Louis-Joseph-Xavier-François 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Yes. It was Louis-Charles 29%  29%  [ 7 ]
Yes. It was Sophie-Beatrix 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No. She loved everyone 58%  58%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 24

Marie Antoinette's children 
Royalty
Royalty

I think that Marie-Antoinette loved her four children, even Sophie. Her death was a tear for the Queen, like the first Dauphin's death and the separation with Madame Royale and Louis-Charles.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:43 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Tout à fait ! She cried for the death of her "little angel" so much, and really was desperate.

I know it's a rather odd reference, but even medium Yaguel Didier ("mes conversations avec la reine") mentions it. She adds that, should she grow up, this little girl would have looked like her mother...

Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:48 pm
i put she loved all her children equally is that correct :(

Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:25 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

It's saddening to think as Marie was being less frivilous, the Revolutionists were firing up. She was a self-sacraficing, loving mother.

By the way, is the poll in order of oldest to youngest?

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:43 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

[/quote]By the way, is the poll in order of oldest to youngest?
Quote:

Yes, Marie-Therese Charlotte is the eldest and Sophie was the last born, although Sophie died as an infant.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:45 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Re: Marie Antoinette's children
'Something especially demonic about invoking fear in children' (paraphrased)--excellent wording. What awful circumstances for the family. I can't say if he was her favorite, Louis Charles, but he was the only male heir alive and naturally would receive extra care and attention from all. It must have been devastating to lose her first son and then her baby daughter who was born with some deformities according to the bio of Madame Royale I'm reading. I did see online that there will be an exhibit of Louis XVII in the town of Versailles at a city museum or center. Wouldn't it be wonderful to see it? :lol: I believe I saw it on the official Chateau d' Versailles site.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:33 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Marie Antoinette's children
Did Sophie have deformities? I know Louis Joseph had the problem with his back, but I thought it had come later in his life (which was very sort, anyway :( )
Anyway, I also think she loved all of her children, without distinction. She loved Sophie even if she was so young when she died. She loved the two boys, and she loved Marie Therese.
Marie Therese had a dfficult charachter when she was a child, but I think it's normal, some children are more difficult to treat than others, but this doesn't mean that their parents love them less! And, of course, when they were in prison, Louis Charles was the heir, so, in a way, the one who had to protected even more than her sister, and was also younger, but MA was very careful to her daughter too. I think that a mother doesn't usually make distinction, and MA was a very attentive mother even before she was a queen.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3