Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Louis Charles duke of Normandie 

Do you know the imaginary life of the heir Louis Charles that changed his name in Naundorff?
Yes, surely! 47%  47%  [ 8 ]
A bit, but I don't know many particulars of the fact. 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
No,I never listened this story! I only knew he was died in the prison in 1795. 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 17

Louis Charles duke of Normandie 
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post Louis Charles duke of Normandie
We know that life of dauphin Charles duke of Normandie isn't very wellknow. Some say "he is dead in 1795 in the prison, others say " he continued to live with the name of Naundorff".
Do you know something about this imaginary Queen's son that lived and died in 1860 in London? Do you know during the reign of Louis XVIII (Louis XVI's brother) some people introduced theirself as the heir of Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI? And the Naundorff was one of them and her "daughter" marie thèrese didn't want to meet him?( because his little brother accused her mother of incest?)
Let's see if this imaginary life of the heir Louis Charles is wellknow.... :roll:

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:41 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

What a strange question for your poll, CrY. Of course, I know about this story ! But I'm pretty sure neither Naundorff, nor the others, were Charles. Unfortunately, it seems this poor little boy died in the temple, like a dog ! Thanks, Robespierre...

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:32 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Noo! Pimprenelle!! I'm reading a novel where it is compared the life of the dauphin and the life of the naundorff!! there are documents which testify the life of the son..many people (which lived in monarchy time and later) that confidently say that tha dauphin was not died in the prison..there is a book of the servant who says that she planned a plan to save the little boy...
Moreover the heart found was not at the 100% of marie antoinette's blood and so we can say certainly he was died.
Or not?

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:48 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post the heart
Remember that the heart of the boy who died in the Temple was removed by a doctor loyal to the Revolution. (There were many dessicated "royal" hearts at large because of the opening of the royal tombs at Saint-Denis.) The sister of Louis XVII, Marie-Theres-Charlotte, was not permitted to view the dead body, although she was right upstairs in the tower. She was not even permitted to pray at the side of the corpse. Not until the poor boy was buried was she allowed to go downstairs, and into the garden. Very suspicious to me....

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:25 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Yes but have you heard that nowadays we know that the body was of the real Prince Louis XVII?? And the probable story that he was survive is now impossible?There is also a site that testify it! or not?

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:46 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I think it is still debatable because of the suspect nature of the DNA sample. It could have been Louis-Joseph's heart they took the DNA sample from, or another relative.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:24 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Isn't Louis-Joseph's heart for sure in Saint-Denis basilique ? :shock:

Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:32 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Most of the bodies and the hearts (entombed separately) at St Denis were scattered in 1793, including Louis-Joseph's. My point is that the heart that they used for the DNA test which was supposedly Charles' (Louis XVII's) is suspect because the only people who witnessed the autopsy and saw the dead body of the little prisoner were in the pay of the revolutionary regime. Marie-Therese was not allowed downstairs to see the boy who had died and who was allegedly her brother. She was not allowed to care for him while he was sick and dying or pray by his dead body. Why?

Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:43 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Strange, indeed... I must admit I have no opinion about it, it's too complicated for me. Honestly, I hope that, someday, we will learn for sure that Charles never died like a dog in this dirty cell !

Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:14 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Well remember they wanted to re-educate the Dauphin and spending time with his sister isn't going to help their cause.
I think the pretenders were awful they caused Marie Therese so much pain!

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:49 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

That is true, but when he was dying, a little ten year old boy, you would think they would let his sister hold his hand, especially after they killed his mother. Yes, it ALL caused Therese a great deal of torment, thinking that her brother died that way, and yet being haunted by the thought that he might be alive somewhere, in obscurity. The appearance of the pretenders added to her pain yet she felt it her sacred duty to investigate the matter.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:59 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

That is true, but when he was dying, a little ten year old boy, you would think they would let his sister hold his hand, especially after they killed his mother. Yes, it ALL caused Therese a great deal of torment, thinking that her brother died that way, and yet being haunted by the thought that he might be alive somewhere, in obscurity. The appearance of the pretenders added to her pain yet she felt it her sacred duty to investigate the matter.

The Revolutionarys never showed mercy though not to children not to anyone. After these are the people who had Louis Charles make those awful accusations against the Queen and Madame Elisabeth. I think the Dauphin died in prison

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:03 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes. It is terribly hideous what they did to that dear little boy, and so many other children, especially in the Vendee, so awful.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:07 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

"... qu'un sang impur abreuve nos sillons !" (let an impure blood water
our soil) :evil: It still is French national hymn... :?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:36 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

http://www.zadig.it/news2000/sci/delfino.htm

LOOK TO THIS SITE: IT TESTIFIES (?) THAT THE HEART IN SAINT DENIS IS REALLY THAT OF THE HEIR OF THE THRONE OF FRANCE! IT IS WRITTEN IN ITALIAN BUT IF YOU WANT I CAN TRANSLATE! Jean Jacques Cassiman e Bernd Brinkmann HAVE DONE THA SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS!
:roll:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next