Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Louis Charles duke of Normandie 

Do you know the imaginary life of the heir Louis Charles that changed his name in Naundorff?
Yes, surely! 47%  47%  [ 8 ]
A bit, but I don't know many particulars of the fact. 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
No,I never listened this story! I only knew he was died in the prison in 1795. 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 17

Louis Charles duke of Normandie 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:42 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I was reading it earlier--quite moving too!

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:19 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I am reading Delorme's book on Louis XVII, he is quite categoric about the substitution theory being unfounded,and that the body was witnessed by a great many people. The physician who stole the heart seemed a very reliable character...I wanted to add these words about the death of Louis XVII, so touching so sad. This crime of the republicans was the worst they perpetrated perhaps. How could any regime and country be anything but cursed after this?

Quoted from Delorme's book and translated:

Doctor Philippe jean Pelletan attested in 1817:

I visited the King three times a day, prescribing every that is the most effective in such a critical situation. Full of pain and docililty, the child accepted all that my hand presented to him, and always with an affectionate smile which has remained engraved in my mind ever since. The same day 20 prairial (8th June) during my morning visit, I found the patient unable to talk, but not unconscious. Upon my request he stretched out his hand on which I placed my lips with tendernessand respect, this was his final adieu. Called later as an emergency at 2 pm by the municipal officer on guard, I found the unfortunate child to have died, he that didn't need the greatness of his origins to inspire love or tears at his sad fate.

This was the same man as took the child's heart with him....I doubt that such a man would have lied.

Such a description brings a lump to the throat...god bless his soul, this sad prince.

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:27 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Happy birthday dear Louis XVII! :D

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:22 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:18 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Happy Birthday one day late little chou d'amour. May his soul in death have more peace than in life.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:50 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Here's a tear jerker for you concerning "chou d'amour"....

The context is the following. The scene is the Temple prison. Cléry, the King's valet, is ill with a bad flu, as is most of the Royal family, caught in the first instance off the dauphin. He is recovering but Madame Elizabeth has unselfishly given some of her medicine to the Dauphin for M. Cléry as she herself is supervised by the guards the whole time, and told the dauphin, who has been tucked in for the night, to give it to M. Cléry when he comes in again to prepare the King's bed for the night (in the same room)

I must not forget to recount here one aspect of the Dauphin's character, which proves just how kind his heart was, and how he had profited from the good influence of those around him:

One night having put the Dauphin to bed, I retired to make way for the Queen and the Princesses, who came to kiss him goodnight. Madame Elizabeth, who had not been able to speak to me because of the surveillance of the guards, took the opportunity to give him a little box of throat pastilles, telling him to give them to me when I came back in. Le princesses went back upstairs, the king went into his reading room, and I went off to have my supper. I came back into the bedroom around 11 o'clock to make up the King's bed for the night, alone, and the young prince softly called me. I was very surprized not to find him asleep and fearing that he was unwell, I asked him why he was still awake. "Its because my aunt gave me a little box for you, and I didn't want to go to sleep before giving it to you. It was time for you to come in as my eyes have already closed a number of times" My eyes in turn filled with tears , he noticed, kissed me and two minutes later he was sound asleep.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3