Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NEW Marie-Antoinette TV movie! 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post NEW Marie-Antoinette TV movie!
Canadian director Yves Simoneau has just finished filming his new TV-movie "Marie-Antoinette" starring Karine Vanasse.
The biopic (budget: 5 millions $) has been shot - in just 15 days! - with state-of-the-art technology: all the actors have played in virtually recreated digital scenes.
The screenplay was written by Jean-Claude Carrière (Forman's "Valmont", "Sommersby").
The movie will be released in fall 2006.

article:
http://www.oui-mais-toscope.info/node/1033

picture:
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20051 ... 017/CPARTS

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:50 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

The above movie sounds interesting. But what about the TV movie based on Evelyn Farr's book "The Untold Story" about an alleged affair between the queen and Count Fersen? Does anyone have more information about this?

Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:22 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I heard about this Canadian movie too, being as a reply to Coppola's paramount expensive shot. It's true it sounds interesting... even if the actress doesn't look like Marie-Antoinette either ! How is it possible they only find comedians so different from the queen ?

On the contrary, I know nothing about the second movie you mentioned, dear Therese. Again a movie about this Fersen affair ? My goodness... is that it only people feel interested in ? :evil:

Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:24 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, I feel the same way. It is wrong to make such a big deal about something over which there is not firm historical proof. Louis XV openly lived with La Pompadour, Mme de Stael openly lived with different lovers, but Antoinette did not live with anyone but her husband. It would have been impossible for her to have carried on a "discreet" affair because with all the servants coming in and out of the room and checking the bedclothes, everyone would have known. Queens had NO privacy. And yet the name linked to hers in the scandal sheets was not that of Fersen but Artois!!! (Artois was busy in other pastures!)

Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:13 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Furthermore, dear Therese, Louis XVI could come in any time without being announced. That would become a vaudeville !
It's true people of the time mentioned Artois, Coigny, Besenval... but not really Fersen... except for Saint-Priest... but his wife was Fersen's mistress ! How to rely on such testimony ?

Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:49 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Saint-Priest really was the one who started the calumny because he was resentful that Fersen had slept with his wife.

Yes, everyone forgets the hidden passage behind the petits-appartements that Louis XVI had constructed so that he could visit Antoinette without the entire court knowing they were together and making jokes, etc. Louis himself made most of the locks on the doors!

Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:55 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Not to mention I think it was out of Marie Antoinette's Character to carry out an Affair. Afterall she didn't like Madame Du Berry at first because she was the king's mistress

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:03 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

In think she instinctively despised the Barry, as she wrote, for this woman was nothing and came to the highest point. This an Habsburg Archduchess couldn't bear ! Furthermore, the Barry stole the attraction the young dauphine was supposed to exerce on the court. "The creature" was also anti Choiseul, and anti Austrian... all reasons that made Marie-Antoinette detest her.

Didn't she call Antoinette "the little redhaired girl" after all ?

After a while, all these resentments fade away, and, during the revolution, Madame du Barry tried to help the royal family.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:50 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, the "Creature" hated Antoinette because she had been brought to France by Du Barry's predecessor, La Pompadour. (Otherwise, Mme du Barry was more traditional monarchist and conservative, unlike the Marquise de Pompadour. Du Barry was just very sordid and very common.) Du Barry's unpleasantness to the young Dauphine led to great mutual antipathy, with the young Antoinette refusing to "speak" to the "putain." I do think more has been made of this incident than is necessary, possibly in light of the later debacles, but if there had been no Revolution, it would just have be seen as another court intrigue among many.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:21 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I agree with you, Therese. Furthermore, there were two parties, those close to Barry, and those who didn't speak to her. Marie-Antoinette was just among the last ones, among many people who snobbed the king's mistress.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:35 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Well didn't Antoinette like her mother despise the position of Mistress?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:41 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, she did despise it. Her mother the Empress was deeply heartbroken by her father's affairs with other women and even initiated the Chastity Commission in Vienna in an attempt to make straying husbands behave.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:52 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, but poor Marie-Therese loved her Francis so so much that she finally had to accept this situation... :roll:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:48 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

She certainly had to put up with it, but it broke her heart all the same.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:13 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Its really sad Marie Antoinette i always thought was a bit lucky to have Louis XVI since he never took a mistress although this turned out to be a bad thing at the same time cause instead of aiming their hate at the mistress the people turned it on the Queen :(

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next