Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 La Révolution Française/The French Revolution 
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post La Révolution Française/The French Revolution
I was wondering how many people here are familiar with the 1989 movie "La Révolution Française" (or "The French Revolution") directed by Robert Enrico. (IMDB) The film (or should I say miniseries, it comes in 4 parts and I think is about 6 hours long total) was shot in France to commemorate the bicentennial. The movie was shot with an (almost) completely bilingual, international cast in both English and French. For some reason, the English version is longer than the French and includes some extra scenes. It is, imo, the best movie about the Revolution ever made. It manages to be sympathetic to a wide range of characters, from the royal family to the revolutionaries, and it is by far the most historically accurate film I've seen. It stars Jane Seymour as Marie Antoinette, who I think does an excellent job as a strong woman trying to defend the monarchy and her family.

Has anyone else seen this? What are your thoughts on it?

I have strung together clips of the French version in the correct order in a playlist. It's definitely worth watching if you know French, and even if you don't, you can get a look at the movie, and Marie Antoinette as played by Jane Seymour.

It's very rare, but I think the French version is available to buy online in VHS format. The English version, however, was never officially released. If you are interested in the English version, send me a PM.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]