Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Who would you like to see play Marie Antoinette? 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Re: Who would you like to see play Marie Antoinette?
What about Tilda Swinton (Michael Clayton, The Chronicles Of Narnia, Constantine) as an older MA? I think she has the right look, colouring etc. when she has her hair dyed a lighter colour. i don't think Keira Knightley would be a very convincing MA - yes she is good in period/costume drama's but I don't think she could pull off MA! :queen:

From the Declaration of Arbroath (Scottish Declaration of Independence), 1320.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:07 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Rosalie wrote:
Yes Liv Tyler looks a bit like her, if you figure her with blonde hair...
But something doesn't really convince me about her playing the queen...I don't know what!
So long, I agree about Charlize Theron, even if she doesn't look like her so much.

What doesn't convince you?! Liv Tyler's almost perfect!

Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:30 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Liv Tyler---too hard-edged to play the Queen. Keira Knightly is too thin and angular, but she does have the grace. Theron has a nice rounded face like the Queen's, and I think, the range to really get into character.

As for finishing the story, I really have to disagree. M.A. lived 19 years at Versailles. She endured 4 years in the Revolution. Why should this short dark period of her life take such precedence over the rest of her life? She is known now only for the way she died, instead of her remarkable life. I think any film about her should celebrate her life, not her death.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:43 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Mhmm!

Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:21 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Christophe wrote:
I think any film about her should celebrate her life, not her death.

During the Revolution she showed such strength, such courage. I think this part of her life should be celebrated more often in film and even in books. :|

Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:25 am
Royalty
Royalty

So true, dear Mme! Of course MA lovers don't want to see the dark, horrid years of her life but here was when her true character really shone - here is an opportunity to show the REAL MA to those who think only of her light, frivolous side.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:32 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I prefer her light, frivolous side. She loved life and knew how to make the most of it, without ever deliberately hurting anybody. I don't like to think of her suffering. It only makes me angry and sad....

Of course, I also understand the importance of showing those who don't know her, how much she was persecuted and how bravely she faced it, but I don't think it's a movie I'd want to watch.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:31 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Christophe wrote:
I prefer her light, frivolous side. She loved life and knew how to make the most of it, without ever deliberately hurting anybody. I don't like to think of her suffering. It only makes me angry and sad....

Of course, I also understand the importance of showing those who don't know her, how much she was persecuted and how bravely she faced it, but I don't think it's a movie I'd want to watch.

honestly i find the revolution part of her life incredable boring

Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:25 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Really? I'm curious, why?

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:50 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

well im a really happy full of life person even slightly frivilous so i like reading about her fun days when she "broke tradition," literally. while it great to read of her courage its ridiculously depressing, i mean really who wants so read about someones death? morbid much??????also why focus on only a few years of someones life? she spent, what, 14 years at Versailles?

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:14 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I don't agree with you...Yes, her life in versailles was very interesting, but her attitude during the Revolution is very fascinating as well.
First of all, the Revolution itself is fascinating as a historical event, and of course MA was one of the main charachters in it, so it's interesting to see how the events were lived on her part. But also for us who are particularly interested in her her figure and personal history...well, those was crucial years for her. Some aspects of her came out with particularly intensity during the Revoltuion. I'm thinking, for example, about her courage and strength, ora also about how she felt the weight of decisions on herself, since Louis was going through a crisis. She was not born to be a politician, but still she tried to solve the situation...in the wrong way, as we all know; but her attempt seems even more brave and tragic to me. And I'm also very fascinated by her last days in the Conciergerie: she was ill and alone, but still she had a great dignity. I find that very revealing.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:58 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Rosalie wrote:
I don't agree with you...Yes, her life in versailles was very interesting, but her attitude during the Revolution is very fascinating as well.
First of all, the Revolution itself is fascinating as a historical event, and of course MA was one of the main charachters in it, so it's interesting to see how the events were lived on her part. But also for us who are particularly interested in her her figure and personal history...well, those was crucial years for her. Some aspects of her came out with particularly intensity during the Revoltuion. I'm thinking, for example, about her courage and strength, ora also about how she felt the weight of decisions on herself, since Louis was going through a crisis. She was not born to be a politician, but still she tried to solve the situation...in the wrong way, as we all know; but her attempt seems even more brave and tragic to me. And I'm also very fascinated by her last days in the Conciergerie: she was ill and alone, but still she had a great dignity. I find that very revealing.

What made you think i wasnt? :roll: Im interested in that too but family and domestic life if a wayyyy bigger part of it and guess where that mainly took place........Versailles.

Her days in the Conciergerie were fascinating also tho.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:07 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I think when people are put in such difficult situations their true characters emerge and during the Revolution the way Marie Antoinette behaved was a credit to her. It showed she was not just a frivolous queen, but a strong woman defending what she thought to be her best interests.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:25 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

dreamoutloud wrote:
I think when people are put in such difficult situations their true characters emerge and during the Revolution the way Marie Antoinette behaved was a credit to her. It showed she was not just a frivolous queen, but a strong woman defending what she thought to be her best interests.

And that of her Children.
I would really like to see Kirstin Chenoweth play her, she is very talented and beautiful.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

versailles wrote:
Rosalie wrote:

What made you think i wasnt? :roll: Im interested in that too but family and domestic life if a wayyyy bigger part of it and guess where that mainly took place........Versailles.

Her days in the Conciergerie were fascinating also tho.

Oh, no, I didn't think you wasn't :wink:
I think every part of her life is interesting!
And I agree with dreamoutloud and the Comte: you see the real character of people in difficulty.

Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next