Marie Antoinette Online Forum
http://forum.marie-antoinette.org/

Marie Antoinette Series
http://forum.marie-antoinette.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1989
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Marcel Champney [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Marie Antoinette Series

I would love to see a very factual, drama based show on Marie Antoinette and the French Revolution. Something similar to today's Tudors.

Any thoughts on who could play MA?

Author:  Marie Josephe [ Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

Absolutly! I would just hope that it would be made accuratly. :)
I don't know who could play Antoinette to be honest with you.

Author:  jimcheval [ Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

Marcel Champney wrote:
Any thoughts on who could play MA?

Claire Danes.

But then Claire Danes can play anyone.

Mira Sorvino would be good too. And do-no-wrong Cate Blanchett could certainly handle the older years.

It strikes me though that these are film actresses. In TV, it would interesting to see Jenna Fischer ("The Office") use her fundamental air of innocence for this part. Or Jennifer Love Hewitt (with dyed hair)?

Author:  Mlle de Fontanges [ Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

Amy Adams or isla fisher with dyed hair, or possibly reese witherspoon

Author:  Marie Josephe [ Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

I'll agree with Mlle de Fontanges.
Who do you think should play Louis xvi?

Author:  Louisette [ Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

I agree: Isla Fischer would be perfect. It needs to be someone who isn't too awkward, but could be innocent, dignified and charming (without, I think, being too cute).

I've always thought that Gossip Girl was a sort of Modern Day interpretation of the French court, but that's me.


Louisette
twitter.com/WWMarieDo
whatwouldmarieantoinettedo.wordpress.com

Author:  Délicate fleur [ Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

From what I've read of GG, the malicious attitudes and factional schemes could be seen as similar to Court life.

Author:  jessica [ Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

I would have to say Lempur... Her performance in L'Autrichienne was perfect!

Author:  annies sis [ Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

First, may I say that I love The Tudors and am devastated that it is over now! :cry: However, in terms of a Marie Antoinette themed show, I think that it would be interesting to see someone like Mia Wasikowska from Alice in Wonderland to play Marie Antoinette...at least the earlier years. She has that soft appearance but she is very talented. In regards to who might play Louis, I haven't the slightest clue! That would be a hard one to cast. As much as I love Claire Danes and Cate Blanchett, they seems to old to me and Cate is always going to be Elizabeth I in my mind. Isla Fisher has a kind of strangeness that might work (with dyed hair) but then I would always imagine her as crazy Gloria from Wedding Crashers. My vote is for Mia. What do you think they would call a show like this? With The Tudors, that's very obvious what with it being Henry VIII and his wives but with Marie Antoinette, shes a stranger to France so you cant really use a family name unless you simply called the show "Antoinette" or something. Any ideas?

Author:  Maggie [ Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

jessica wrote:
I would have to say Lempur... Her performance in L'Autrichienne was perfect!

I agree with you. I downloaded this film some time ago and those of us who are familiar with the Queen's history can easily follow this film. However the film is now 20 years old so I suppose that a younger person would play Her Majesty as a young Dauphine and Lempur as the older Queen.

Author:  Lilly [ Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

Ute' Lemper as Marie Antoinette is, by far the best performance of any of the films available today. Her portrayal of the Queen is very powerful.
Excellent.

Author:  KayKay_22 [ Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

annies sis wrote:
First, may I say that I love The Tudors and am devastated that it is over now! :cry: However, in terms of a Marie Antoinette themed show, I think that it would be interesting to see someone like Mia Wasikowska from Alice in Wonderland to play Marie Antoinette...at least the earlier years. She has that soft appearance but she is very talented. In regards to who might play Louis, I haven't the slightest clue! That would be a hard one to cast. As much as I love Claire Danes and Cate Blanchett, they seems to old to me and Cate is always going to be Elizabeth I in my mind. Isla Fisher has a kind of strangeness that might work (with dyed hair) but then I would always imagine her as crazy Gloria from Wedding Crashers. My vote is for Mia. What do you think they would call a show like this? With The Tudors, that's very obvious what with it being Henry VIII and his wives but with Marie Antoinette, shes a stranger to France so you cant really use a family name unless you simply called the show "Antoinette" or something. Any ideas?


I have to agree with you I loved The Tudors so much and miss it!! I wish they had kept on with Edward, Mary and Elizabeth! I also agree with you on Mia Wasikowska. I think she is so lovely and pretty. She's one of my many favorite actresses and I think she would be a fresh face to Marie Antoinette. I think she has what it takes to be her. She has that look about her that says Marie.
Image

Another actress that I think would do a great job portraying Marie Antoinette is Holliday Grainger that plays as Lucrecia Borgia The Borgias I think she kinda has that playful look to her and can really own the charater shes playing.
Image

Or maybe even Natalie Dormer. In real life she is blonde and she played Anne Boleyn so well and is really a talented actress! She really seems to do a lot of research for her characters that she is portraying. I'd like to see her in this kind of role.
Image

I think Antonette would be agreat name or maybe just simply Marie.

Author:  Lilly [ Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

KayKay_22 wrote:
I think Antonette would be agreat name or maybe just simply Marie.



It has been repeatedly said on this forum - MARIE ANTOINETTE WAS NOT CALLED "MARIE"!

Author:  Ludy [ Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

Haha -yes, for the record, English speaking members tend to think that Antoinette is a sort of secondary name, however, the Queen's name was Marie-Antoinette, with a hyphen.

A serial was already made a while ago, starring Jane Seymour.

Author:  mercy-argenteau [ Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marie Antoinette Series

"A serial was already made a while ago, starring Jane Seymour"

Would that be La Revolution Francaise released around about 1989 ?

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/