Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New Marie Antoinette musical 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post New Marie Antoinette musical
Did you know that Michael Kunze, who penned the hugely successful "Elisabeth" musical, has a new "Marie Antoinette" show coming out?
I did not...

http://michaelkunze.info/MusAnt.html

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:29 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Marie Antoinette in musical, Mon Dieu!
Is this the same man who did years ago Gone with the wind-musical also in Japan?
I know people playing music in Elisabeth. But they say it is quite dull and so over-sweet...although all over the world, perhaps we have a new Lloyd-Webber in hand.

Last edited by Aurora on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:38 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

http://www.toho.co.jp/stage/ma/

Quite scary...

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:40 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:45 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I'm not sure I know what to think about that.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:12 pm
Profile WWW

I just found that site by serching for Pictures of the Marie Antoinette musical. I realy love the music, buyed the CD just 2 days ago. The musical will come to germany in 2009.
But Michael kunze din't made an "Gone with the wind" musical in japan. Marie Antoinette is his first Musical starting in Japan. The musical is based on a novel by a famous japanese novelist.

this is the offcial Marie Antinette musical website, heve fun there^^.

http://www.toho.co.jp/stage/ma07/welcome-j.html

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:43 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thanks for the information ! :D What kind of music is it ? How does it sound like ?

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:08 pm
Thats difecoult to describe, he has got very "new way" of Musical. It's very ... drmatic, in th first Act you have a lot of happy songs, becourse o Marie Antonette coming to France, but there is also a Girl called Magrid Armand, she is very poor and ishe sh would be Marie Antoinette. Ther's a love-Them between marie Antoinette an von Fersen. Than comes the second Akt wich is much darker, the revolution startd, and of coure it's ending with a rolling head.
All in one, is the music little darcer than i know it from Kunzes musicals, but there are some very beautiful songs mixed under, so it's not that darc and dramtic after all.

on the webiste you can find a view songs from the musical, some are in english.

Oh, and I found some informations for you about the musical:

Marie Antoinette is a Musical by Michael Kunze (lyrics) and Sylvester Levay (music), the authors of Elisabeth, Mozart! and Rebecca. The Libretto was written in English and was translated into Japanese. The Premiere took place on the 1st November of 2006 in Tokyo, Japan at the Imperial Garden Theater. Tamiya Kuriyama directs the original Production. After running in Tokyo, the Show can be seen in Fukuoka, Osaka and from April through May 2007 once more in Tokyo.

The German Premiere will take place on the 12th February 2009. At first it was announced that the Musical Theater Bremen would be home of this new Production but now Kunze's Site says that location remains open. Kuriyama will, once again, direct.

Story

Marie Antoinette The Musical tells the story of two parallel lives, that of the infamous Queen of France and that of Margrid Arnaud, a poor woman. Both are of the same age, both are pretty, but that's where the similarities end. While Margrid is roaming the streets of Paris in rags, Marie Antoinette dances and flirts at the Palais Royal. The French Revolution changes all that. Margrid Arnaud rises and Marie Antoinette falls, and when the two women eventually meet two worlds collide and the drama unfolds. The musical uses the events of the French Revolution as a spectacular backdrop to the fate of the unhappy Queen. Margrid Arnaud personifies the nemesis of the monarchy, eventually leading to the extinction of Marie Antoinette and her world.

Background

In an Interview on his Website Kunze says there have been offers from Producers to do Productions in German-speaking and English-speaking countries, but he wants to have the Kuriyama Production all over the world (which is now confirmed, the German Production will be directed by Kuriyama). His previous Musicals were adapted for the country they're played in. Kunze believes that the Production MA is the best interpretation of one of his Libretti so far. He praised the director and the incredible emotional cast.

Thu May 10, 2007 5:26 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thu May 10, 2007 7:03 am

I think it's sade, that none of Kunzes Musicals is translateted into english by now. But I hope Marie Antoinette would be the first. Becourese the lyrics are originaly in english.

Fri May 11, 2007 5:08 am
perhaps we have a new Lloyd-Webber in hand.

He is much better thn Webber!!^^
He is realy good, he traslatet nearly all great Musicals into german (Phantom of the Opera, cats, Aida, and so on), and all his musicals are very successfull all over the world. Elisabeth in the lead!! It's the most successfull musical from germany ever!! I saw it three times, and it's getting better and better.
Kunzes musicals are special becourse they are differen playe in alle different countrys.
In Germany it is very young and dramatic.
In Vienna it's some kind of darc.
And every country gives a peace from it selfe, o the muscal is little diffrent everywhere.

But Kunze things the japanese Marie Anoinette Musical is so great, that it sould be likte that everywhere.

But there are at least 2 years to wait for it...

Fri May 11, 2007 5:22 am

Fri May 11, 2007 2:51 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Waaaa!! The "MA" of Marie-Antointte on the left top, I love it! :D

They have really good taste the Japanese :wink:

Fri May 11, 2007 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
You should see the CD Booklett, it's wonderfull!!!^^

But It's hard work to finde pictures from the show. If I finde some, I will put them in here.

Sat May 12, 2007 3:03 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Sat May 12, 2007 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next