Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 *i absolutely LOVE the soundtrack from the movie!!! 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Well over-all, I enjoyed the soundtrack very much....I thought that disk 1 had a very "party" feel to it, or that it expressed the very early times of her reign...like when she would dress in the very elaborate dresses...hairstyles... attending the fancy and extravagant parties/balls. But when disk 2 comes around...yes its very beautiful but also very melancholy....you can almost feel that things are "toneing" down or slowly fading, like the party is ending. And by the last 4 songs or so....everything has fallen.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:14 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Oh, you're right, dear ! I forgot the pastries... Laduree... Always thank your sponsors ! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:42 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Louis XVI and Pimpernelle...you forgot the TRAINER ...how could you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The appearance of that simple item of footwear nearly had me jump out of my seat. What was meant there? One more attempt at "appealing to the young generation" by including designer sportswear?
There were far too many cakes...the fist couple made me smile and I understood their presence as irony on the well known "let them eat cake"...but after seing 10-15 pastel coloured uneatable constructions, the irony seemed ...'a little' overdone :roll:

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Yes I know!!! I saw a scene in the trailer where Kirsten is getting a shoe put on her foot, and she carelessley licks the icing off of her finger :roll: Oh heaven help us... :lol:

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3092/1 ... e127hc.jpg

This one shows her apparently getting over a hangover:

http://i2.tinypic.com/zntp4l.jpg

And here is Copolla directing Dunst on how to act like a queen...apparently it didn't take root! :wink:

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images ... oto_01.jpg

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:39 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:22 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Yes you are right! :D It's an obvious inaccuaracy in the film.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:28 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:35 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

MmeCampan reports than Marie Antoinette only drank water de Ville d'Avray. So said Rosalie Lamorliere. Antoinette writing to her mother said that she received water of Walsh as a medicine. She also drank cow or donkey milk as medicines.

She had hot chocolate or coffee with milk for her breakfeast. In the Tuileries, she also ordered teas.

No alcohol, indeed, never... In the temple, the royal family was given orgeat sirup and wine with their suppers, but only the king drank wine.

Why didn't she drink wine and alcohol ? Maybe just because she did not like that ? I am tempted to think that Marie Antoinette enjoyed sugar... and those things are so bitter, aren't they ?

And for the madness... You don't have to imbibe to be happy ! Antoinette obviously did not need any substance to feel happy with her friends !

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:32 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:45 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

And she wanted to be clear minded in order to interact fully with those around her? It just seems that she must have had some experience that made her decide not to imbibe. Perhaps an adult figure in her life as a child that behaved ridiculously when drinking? Maybe she just saw others behave foolishly while drinking and decided it wasn't for her? Or did she have a negative experience with drinking herself?

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:25 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I'd be tempted to say that MA didn't like the taste of alcohol. A lover of all things sweet myself, I absolutely hate the taste of wine. And the migraine that inevitably follows :?

As for Kirsten, I think she can be a good actress (she was amazing in "Interview with the Vampire")....she did as well as she could given Ms Coppola's script.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

So am I, Marquise ! I just hate the taste of alcohol and especially wine ! And don't tell me about beer ! :lol:

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:41 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Oh....a good glass of bordeau with a good meat....hummmm....

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

But back to the subject, I would agree with above posters that Marie Antoinette did not enjoy the taste of liquor or wine. Besides there are many other things to drink that she could enjoy.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:02 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

on the topic of the soundtrack, i personally fell in love with it. maybe coppola was trying to appeal to a younger audience, but i also feel that the music was an artistic choice, as well. i think it gave the film an unexpected flair.

as for the converse shoe, coppola has said one of the girls on set had them, and they just decided to leave them in the shot. sure, it's not historically accurate, but every film has its own little gags in it, right? think about all of those disney films or the star wars films that have their own little gags in them when the final cut is made! anyway, i think the converse shoe will just become another movie "easter egg" as they call them. and honestly, how is a one-second shot of a pink shoe going to affect the rest of the movie in the long run?

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next