Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rooms from the 2006 movie 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Rooms from the 2006 movie
Well, since I can't post anything in any of the other boards, for reasons which are STILL unbeknownst to me, I will post this here....

I as rather suprised when the 2006 movie was only nominated for Costume Design. I thought it should have been nominated for Art Direction too, becuase, as is stated on the DVD, none of the furniture that was already in Versailles could be used, so they had to bring in ALL new furniture, and to me, it ended up looking awesome! Does anybody agree?

I also had two questions concerning Antoinette's bed.

1.)
I know that this bedroom:

is not the same as this bedroom:

or this bedroom:

and I know that the second bedroom is the one in Versailles, so where are the other two from? The first one does kind of look like the second bedroom, but altered. And then I found another picture that had red wallpaper and no railing and the headboard and curtains were different! Answers, answers, answers please!

2.)To me the bed in the 2006 movie looks smaller than the actual one in Versailles, so is it the same bed? And could they even use the bed, with the same coverings? To me, the coverings on the bed in the movie look more plush and comfy than on the real bed. Your insight is appreciated.

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

The second one is her room in Versailles indeed, but the others...in Fontainebleau, in Saint-Clou, in Compiègne....there is choice.... :?

Quote:
Well, since I can't post anything in any of the other boards, for reasons which are STILL unbeknownst to me, I will post this here....

If you want to create a new subject, you can ask it by PM to a moderator :wink:
Adrienne explained the reasons here :
http://www.marie-antoinette.org/forum/v ... .php?t=710

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Re: Rooms from the 2006 movie
I don't know the third bed either, but the first bed is from Versailles, from the room called "The Dauphin's Bedchamber". (Refering to the son and dauphin of Louis XV and the father of Louis XVI.) The room is located in the apartments that now a days a called "The18th Century rooms" that also include "The Princess' Private Cabinet" (Maria-Josepha of Saxony - his wife and the mother of Louis XVI).

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:08 am
Royalty
Royalty

Well, see, I didn't recoginize the third bedroom either, but when I typed in "Marie Antoinette bedroom" on the Google image search, it came up like four times.

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Thank you Monsier Andre for posting this question .I also wondered about the same thing.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:20 am
Royalty
Royalty

I'm guessing this is MA's bedroom before the restoration work was done, or is it yet another bedroom?

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

And you know something else I noticed? In the 2006 movie, where the heck is Louis' bedroom? We always see him sleeping in MA's room, when we know from historical fact that most of the time he slept in his own room most of the time. I'm guessing when he became king he moved into the king's old apartments, (the red ones) but where are his apartments when he was Dauphine? Also, I noticed that every moring when MA wakes up the curtains on her bed are drawn, yet Louis is gone! I don't think he would have taken the time to undraw and then redraw the curtains every early moring, unless he got out through that liitle slit we see for a brief moment in one of the scene, but if that slit was there, how did they draw the curtains in the first place? Did the curtains part in the middle to allow passage? I don't think so! So many mysteries...

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:31 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re:
Monsieur Andre wrote:
And you know something else I noticed? In the 2006 movie, where the heck is Louis' bedroom? We always see him sleeping in MA's room, when we know from historical fact that most of the time he slept in his own room most of the time. I'm guessing when he became king he moved into the king's old apartments, (the red ones) but where are his apartments when he was Dauphine? Also, I noticed that every moring when MA wakes up the curtains on her bed are drawn, yet Louis is gone! I don't think he would have taken the time to undraw and then redraw the curtains every early moring, unless he got out through that liitle slit we see for a brief moment in one of the scene, but if that slit was there, how did they draw the curtains in the first place? Did the curtains part in the middle to allow passage? I don't think so! So many mysteries...

I knwo this is a rather old thread; but I may clear things up for anyone else who finds it!

First picture is the Chamber du DAuphin, ground floor of versailles.
Second pictures; MA's Bedroom, preimer etage of Versailles.
Last bedroom posted, is Louis XIV bedroom, Salon of Mercury, ceremonial uses only.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:12 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Marie Antoinette and Louis slept in different rooms, not the more familiar beds in 1789 from so they wouldn't be murdered? There is one ceremonial room, and the other room is where they actually slept. I think. :help:

Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:23 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

MA slept in a bed chamber, called the chambre a verte, in the ground floor.
Louis sleeps, in a chamber next to the conseil chamber.
:]

Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:55 am
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Comte de Provence wrote:
MA slept in a bed chamber, called the chambre a verte, in the ground floor.
Louis sleeps, in a chamber next to the conseil chamber.
:]

Ok, I am a little confused, bare with me Comte, what about the Queen's bedchamber? Was that one, the one posted in the first post the second picture, only used for ceremonial purposes such as her rise in the morning or did she actually sleep in it on occasion? She was in the Queen's bedchamber the night the palace was stormed correct? I know that she had her private rooms but I am just confused to the purpose of the Queen's bechamber.

Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:24 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

The Queens bedchamber was used for ceremonial purposes, such as the rising, royal births, and going to bed. After these ceremonies, she would go to the ground floor, to her bedchamber, which she slept in. Ill post photo's when I get home :]
Oh and a floorplan!

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

thank you, Comte. I guess the same was with Louis XVI.

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:36 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Merci.

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

here you go!
http://720plan.ovh.net/~jardinsd/Divers/Reine/pages/1-Reinecad.htm

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:32 pm