Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Rose of Versailles (Live version) 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Rose of Versailles (Live version)
Topic requested by Monsieur Andre.

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:33 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I love this animated drawing! My passion for Marie-Antoinette comes from this animated drawing! :D

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

I saw several clips of the live action version of Lady Oscar on Youtube, and I must confess that I was intigued. I was wondering if it is out on DVD in the U.S.? What country was it made in? I'm afraid I don't know that much about Lady Oscar and the Rose of Versailles.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:35 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Rose of Versailles (Live version)
So is there any fan of the Rose of Versailles here? I love it! Actually I began to do research about Marie Antoinette because of that anime. It was my favourite one when I was a child, and then started to watch it again last year, and I became very intrigued with MA's charchter. Now, I know the cartoon's charachter doesn't correspond to the historical one, but it's been because of it that I began getting interested in it. Now I'm watching all the episodes again on You Tube and I hope to find the DVDs..I know it's a bit expensive, but maybe, little by little...

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:41 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I've never actually seen it, but I hope to soon. I'm going to check it out on Youtube, but the whole von Fersen thing sort of turns me off... :roll:

Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:37 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I absolutely adore the anime version (though it's not all great; the Fersen thing and the Polignac thing especially...), but I found the "live version" rather boring and the acting is just horrible. It is nothing like the anime, but then the live version is much shorter than the anime series. I think the live version is avaliable at amazon, but the DVD that I got is region 2 (PAL) and I don't know if it's avaliable in NTSC for you Americans :wink: The live version's title is "Lady Oscar" by the way, just thought I should tell you that if you are searching for it. If you want more info about the film you can read some here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077827/.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:03 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Why 'you americans'? I'm Italian actually!!!!! :D
And yes, I know the Fersen story can annoy, but even if it's not true, I think you come to love it as it is in the anime. I usually just think that it's something different from history, maybe in a cartoon you're allowed a bit more freedom...Anyway I know I'm partial, because I practically grew up with it! The title of the series of italian TV was Lady Oscar, and every girl of my generation watched it. And yes, I agree,the live version looks horrible. I just saw some scenes and pictures and I decided I won't watch it...I would be annoyed.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]