Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Noailles' Appartements 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Noailles' Appartements
Hi, all! Might any of you be able to help me with my search for information about the appartements of the Noailles family? The rooms were said to have been in the attic of the south wing. All I've been able to find out so far is that the Noailles held such a number of rooms in that part of the attic that it was termed the "Noailles Road." I'm attempting to find out which parts of the south wing they occupied, details of the rooms, which family members were living there, etc., and it would be so awesome if someone knows where to find a floorplan of the attic. I've located floorplans for the other floors, but so far have been unsuccessful with locating one for the attic region.

Thank you so much for any help you might provide!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Re: Noailles' Appartements
Hi, all! Just in update to my search for information about this topic, I have found an excellent resource in the Connaissances de Versailles forum. If anyone is doing research about Versailles, I can't begin to recommend this group highly enough to you. It is a French site, so get out your French dictionary and practice up on your knowledge of the French language. Everyone is very helpful there and highly knowedgeable about all things Versailles! There are jillions of floorplans, information about all the building and renovating work through the palace's history, information about court members, and exquisite pictures.

http://www.connaissancesdeversailles.org/forum

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]