Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Coiffure à l'enfant 
Noble
Noble

Post Coiffure à l'enfant
Hello!

I recently read in a book about hairstyles through history how the coiffure à l'enfant came to be. It is said that after giving birth to her first child M-A unfortunately lost her hair (???) so Leonard compose for her this very simple yet very elegant hairstyle. I find this little anecdote quite touching since ''enfant'' basically means child. Although I am quite curious about this story. Has anyone heard of it? I never knew M-A lost her hair after giving birth :? I would be very grateful for more info!

On this version of the painting ''portrait à la rose'' she is wearing the ''coiffure à l'enfant''

Attachments:
File comment: On this version of the painting ''portrait à la rose'' she is wearing the ''coiffure à l'enfant''
461px-Marie_Antoinette_in_Muslin_dress.jpg
461px-Marie_Antoinette_in_Muslin_dress.jpg [ 97.74 KiB | Viewed 1883 times ]
Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:44 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Coiffure à l'enfant
Yes Baronne, I also read about this story. As many women after childbirth, Marie Antoinette lost some of her hair and Leonard found out a simple and short (I guess, for the time) hairstyle. I didn't really know how it looked like, but I think it became fashionable in those years. So is MA wearing that haistyle in the picture with the rose?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]