Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next
 Count Axel von Fersen and Marie Antoinette? 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Count Axel von Fersen and Marie Antoinette?
baron de batz wrote:
Just one more thing Pim, do you have a webcam in my library or something? :) How do you know what I have read and what I haven't? :?:

No, she merely wants you to supply documentation to back up your theories. One can only assume that a person has not read certain scholarly works when he does not quote directly from them.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:03 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Pimprenelle wrote:
It has been published by Alma Söderjhelm, or, at least a great deal of his diary and many letters. I guess there are more to be published still, but they are in Swedish... that's why it is so interesting for us to have our friend Hans Axel here !

I bought Söderjhelm's book online. So did our friend Chou d'amour.

Well, how does one read it? I would much prefer having Hans Axel here to translate from his copy.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:40 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I never claimed to be able to put anything "elegantly" pim. I just meant that I think Antoinette was fascinated my Fersen. I mean, geez...200 and some years later and I'm in my 20's....completely fascinated by him myself. I can't imagine being in physical presence with him. I imagine that he was sorta a "rockstar" of his time. And how cool is the name Axel!

Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:57 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Well... as we say in French, "autres temps, autres moeurs"... :roll:

Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:33 am
Royalty
Royalty

En effet! :roll:

Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:42 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

AxelRocksMyWorld wrote:
I never claimed to be able to put anything "elegantly" pim. I just meant that I think Antoinette was fascinated my Fersen. I mean, geez...200 and some years later and I'm in my 20's....completely fascinated by him myself. I can't imagine being in physical presence with him. I imagine that he was sorta a "rockstar" of his time. And how cool is the name Axel!

Yes, very cool. You are welcome to your feelings for this historical character. It does mean that Marie-Antoinette necessarily felt the same way about him. Wishful thinking is not historical evidence. There is no proof that she was in love with Fersen, but a great deal of proof that she cared about her husband, considering that she gave her life to stay at his side.

Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:50 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I can't read French. I wonder if you were being snotty to me? I'm a nice person with a love for Marie Antoinette but considering the last 2 replies to something I wrote that was meant to be fun and lighthearted I don't think I will be coming back here. Just in case you are wondering, I really didn't think my feelings insured historical accuracy. I was just saying what "I think" maybe he was like and that she may have thought the same way, not implying I know anything. Well, goodbye.You all can be snotty to someone else.

Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

I don't think she intends to be snotty.

Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:35 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Hellou_Librorum wrote:
I don't think she intends to be snotty.

Indeed, I did not. I was politely disagreeing. (And in English, too.) If a mere contradictory opinion is perceived as *snottiness* then how can we continue to have the lively debate which we have been having here for some years now?

Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:42 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Therese, I don't think she was refering to you, but Pim and Delicate Fleur. The tone of discussion on this topic has seemed, to me, to be flirting with rudeness lately. Strong feelings on the subject on all sides. Please, everyone remember we are all here for the same reason, our love for Antoinette. That doesn't mean we all agree on every subject.

English translation: "autres temps, autres moeurs,"----other days, other ways.
" en effet!"----indeed!

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:10 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Christophe wrote:
Therese, I don't think she was refering to you, but Pim and Delicate Fleur. The tone of discussion on this topic has seemed, to me, to be flirting with rudeness lately. Strong feelings on the subject on all sides. Please, everyone remember we are all here for the same reason, our love for Antoinette. That doesn't mean we all agree on every subject.

English translation: "autres temps, autres moeurs,"----other days, other ways.
" en effet!"----indeed!

Oh, thank you, Christophe, I see.

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:15 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion....and isn't that the point of these forums, for people to express their personal views? There are people on here who are more "expert" in the life of MA and the French Revolution than others, but that's not to say that the opinions of others with a more lighthearted interest are invalid. Everyone's opinions should be respected, even if we don't agree with them.

Please DO come back AxelRocksMyWorld!!! :)

From the Declaration of Arbroath (Scottish Declaration of Independence), 1320.

Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:02 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I don't really think what I said qualifies as even an opinion. I was thinking of some really long boring think to post here but it is better to sum things up sometimes so.........Axel Rocks My World! Christophe you are really nice and Princess and everybody here is so smart! I will soak up the knowledge like a Yedi in training!
Ah and I agree with my whole heart that Antoinette loved her King! She loved Louis and her babies! And France!

Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

AxelRocksMyWorld wrote:
Ah and I agree with my whole heart that Antoinette loved her King! She loved Louis and her babies! And France!

We can certainly agree on that, dear ARMW! :angel8:

Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:49 am
Royalty
Royalty

Christophe wrote:
Therese, I don't think she was refering to you, but Pim and Delicate Fleur. The tone of discussion on this topic has seemed, to me, to be flirting with rudeness lately.

I'm sorry, but how was I being "snotty"?! I was simply agreeing with Pim's epithet, "Autres temps, autres moeurs". Is there is a problem with that? I was not being rude to Axelrocksmyworld, far from it. This is one of the first contributions to this thread, I have hardly added to what is already being said.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next