Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 PROJECT ON MARIE ANTOINETTE; HELP! 
Post PROJECT ON MARIE ANTOINETTE; HELP!
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I need help fast on Marie Antoinette, so I figured this would be discussion about her.

So at my school we have to do a historical figures project, choosing one person in history to learn about and present to the class in an 8-12 minutes speech. I chose Marie Antoinette because I've always been fascinated by her, but I'm finding it very hard to finish my project. I'm presenting May 28 (this Wednesday) and I'm trying to tie up all the ends together.

I need four props (props are anything .. a painting, song, model, etc.), two of which have to be media technologies (something electronic, like a song, overhead, powerpoint, video clip, etc.). So far, I have one prop, which is also a media technology - a video clip from the 2006 Marie Antoinette movie - http://youtube.com/watch?v=cLJ1vuUWprA. (I am aware the movie is art not historical, but it will be my ICD.)

What I need help with from all of you lovely people is to help get me three more props. I need this fast, by Monday, and I would REALLYREALLYREALLY appreciate if you guys could help me out. This is 20% of my final grade and I have no ideas on what I can do .. please if anyone has ANY ideas I could really use them!

Thanks!!!!

EDITIN: btw, to anyone willing to help me out, the props are most preferably (but don't have to be) based on the "One Big Thing" (the single best accomplishment your person did). For mine, I chose the fact that Marie started a home for unwed mothers at the palace of Versailles. So if anyone has info on that, or has a prop corresponding w that, that'd be great too!!!!!!!!!!!

EDITIN: If anyone has a video clip or a sound clip link to a song that the Queen sang/composed/etc that would be FANTASTIC. Any song, really; the two I know about are "C'est Mon Ami" and "Portrait Charmont". Thank you so much!

Last edited by hesaidihavecooleyes on Sun May 25, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 25, 2008 4:44 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: PROJECT ON MARIE ANTOINETTE; HELP!
Hello and welcome here Hesaidihavecooleyes. I thought the easiest way is to present her by art. You can choose various paintings or busts on the gallery of the site http://www.ladyreading.net/marieantoinette/

I recommend you chosing three portraits:
-one of her youth (around 1775 when she beacame Queen, dressed in luxurious gowns, with many jewels)
-one of the mother Marie Antoinette (for example one of the portraits of her and her children, by Mlle Vigée-Lebrun)
-one of the time of her adversity (from 1792 imprisoned in the Temple to on way to the guillotine)

It picture her dominion/her personality three different periods.

All the best,

Anouk

Sun May 25, 2008 10:21 am
Thank you! I'm sorry I forgot to write down that we also made a "biography board" (which doesn't count as a prop) in which you put three pictures. I chose one of her around the ages of 12-13, 28, and on the way to the guillotine. But I will try and make an overhead of Marie nonetheless for another prop.

Any other ideas? Please!

Sun May 25, 2008 5:01 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Okay, a new idea. I know it's a bit strange and funny and playful but... you can try it. Me, I did it :lol: I took some pictures of me with jewels, old fashioned clothes and I painted my hair bright by dust (not coco ehhh :roll: ). It succeed well: I resembled to a XVIIIs marquise or comtesse.
If u want, I send u a priv. mess. attaching a picture of it, because I do not assume to show them here.
So, u can show pictures of very period dresses! Your teacher will be glad to see them. /If your brother/sister/girfriend/boyfriend find funny this clothing, maybe you can dress him/her.!/

You can mention MA showing these pictures, that she loved fashion, cosmetics, etc.

Last edited by Anouk on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 25, 2008 6:12 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Welcome here!

If you have to speak about the greatest accomplishment of your charachter I think you could mention how MA supported the different arts and helped developing the taste of her century. On this you could find a lot of information, for example you can have a look at the sections "art, architecture, and royal residences" on this forum and find some useful links there. You could also have a look at the website of the exposition which is now going on in Paris, and which focuses on her role of protector of the arts.

Sun May 25, 2008 8:29 pm
Thanks to both of you! We were actually (unfortunately) discouraged from dressing up, which stinks for me because I loved French style in the 18th century ;D But I have 3 props so far: a video clip, a music clip by Mozart, and I'll try and make transparencies tomorrow at kinko's ... hopefully that works ;] I need one more prop that can be anything - no need to be media technology, though it can be. If anyone could shout any more ideas that'd be great!

Sun May 25, 2008 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]