Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 diamond necklace affair 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: diamond necklace affair
i hope she snt THAT kind of person

Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:45 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes that is correct. Some historians have intimated that, but it is of course pure conjecture. In her mémoires, La Comtesse claims that the Queen was involved, but she was a consummate liar of course. It is unlikely that the Queen would have taken this risk, but not impossible. We know how she liked to wander incognito on the terraces in front of the Palace on hot summer nights with her ladies in waiting, to the point of being addressed once on a bench by a young soldier!She had a playful nature, she strongly disliked Rohan, nothing is impossible, even if unlikely. It remains conjecture, unless someone turns up with proof either way one day.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:48 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, that is what I am discussing Marija.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

baron de batz wrote:
!She had a playful nature, she strongly disliked Rohan, nothing is impossible, even if unlikely. It remains conjecture, unless someone turns up with proof either way one day.

For me it’s really unlikely. That I would call stupid and immature and I don’t think she was like that at the time, immature at some time yes, but never stupid. Trial that took place after and the sentence shows that she was truly surprised with that scandal; I don’t think she was a part of it, even as an observer.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:48 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

She wouldn't have known what she was seeing.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Oh yes she would...if she had been part of it, then she would have been aware that it was a farce on Rohan. Otherwise why risk the scandal? I think that the Queen was capable of this prank, personally, but I admit it is unlikely. But for me its' in her character, and there is the theatrical side to it which would have appealed.

(Remember we are talking about an innocent prank to enjoy the Cardinal being made a fool of, nothing to do with the embezzlement that ensued from the midnight meeting, nor the later necklace affair)

Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:41 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I don’t know, I’ve never thought about it.
I agree with you about her personality but still…

Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:24 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

baron de batz wrote:
Oh yes she would...if she had been part of it, then she would have been aware that it was a farce on Rohan. Otherwise why risk the scandal? I think that the Queen was capable of this prank, personally, but I admit it is unlikely. But for me its' in her character, and there is the theatrical side to it which would have appealed.

(Remember we are talking about an innocent prank to enjoy the Cardinal being made a fool of, nothing to do with the embezzlement that ensued from the midnight meeting, nor the later necklace affair)

That is why I believe it! Anything to get a laugh out, especially at Rohan's exspense.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

I don't know I'm going to wait until there's further evidence.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:31 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Hellou_Librorum wrote:
I don't know I'm going to wait until there's further evidence.

I agree, but I have an assumption problem...

Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:08 am
Profile WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Now I have read all the posts about the diamond necklace affair. We know that Marie-Antoinette was fond of pranks. To go from pranks to hiding in the bushes is to me far fetched. Why? The year 1780 she was a mother. Marie-Thérèse-Charlotte was 2 years old. We know that Marie-Antoinette cared for her children, that she was very fond of them. I´m 43 and me and my wife we have only one child, a son. I was 33 when he was born. I took care of our son for two years since the day he was born. We were really one! I know how a child can turn your daily life upside down. Of course I´m not an incarnation of Marie-Antoinette, but I want to point out that you grow as a person when your first child is born. I certainly did. Not that I was an irresponsible person before I met my wife and our son was born, but I must confess that I have had my share of affairs in the past.
/Thorleif Nilsson

Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:55 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Pranks, may sometimes involve hiding in bushes. As well as at night time, MTC was in bed asleep. Also, being cared for by wet nurses, and governesses. MA was not ALWAYS with MTC...

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Yes that is true. I don't know, maybe she did, maybe she didn't.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thorleif Nilsson wrote:
Now I have read all the posts about the diamond necklace affair. We know that Marie-Antoinette was fond of pranks. To go from pranks to hiding in the bushes is to me far fetched. Why? The year 1780 she was a mother. Marie-Thérèse-Charlotte was 2 years old. We know that Marie-Antoinette cared for her children, that she was very fond of them. I´m 43 and me and my wife we have only one child, a son. I was 33 when he was born. I took care of our son for two years since the day he was born. We were really one! I know how a child can turn your daily life upside down. Of course I´m not an incarnation of Marie-Antoinette, but I want to point out that you grow as a person when your first child is born. I certainly did. Not that I was an irresponsible person before I met my wife and our son was born, but I must confess that I have had my share of affairs in the past.
/Thorleif Nilsson

I agree with you, Thorleif. I think MA changed a lot after she became a mother.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:36 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I have to agree with you that her being married with children is a major argument against her accepting such a prank. The risk was too great...but doubt remains in my mind, nevetheless.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next