Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 A question 
Post A question
Does anyone know if the Lazell's were servents to Marie as it is a family rumour that they were and fled to the uk when things became dangerous.The spelling may be different as it has changed through time.There was also a rumour that Marie gave the Lazell's a locket or necklace with a lock of her hair in it as a parting gift which my nan had but has since been lost since her death.Any help would be great.
Cheers

Rosie

Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: A question
Which "Marie" are you referring to ? Marie Therese ? Marie Caroline ? Marie Amelie ? Marie Christine, maybe ?

If you mean Marie Antoinette, please note that her name is "Antoinette". "Marie" was given to the Habsburg girls after the name of the saint that protected the whole family. Then followed their personal name, Antonia for Marie Antoinette, Carlotta for her favorite sister Marie Caroline. They were called Antoine (more often than Antoinette) and Charlotte.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:04 pm
Antoinette was who I was refering to

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:06 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Rosieb---I'd really like to help you with that question, but it's a difficult one to answer because I don't believe historians have a solid list of the Queen's household. I would suggest looking up Madame Campan, as she worked many years in Antoinette's service, and it's possible that she mentions the names of various servants in her memoirs.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]