Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 A Marie Antoinette Ball! 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post A Marie Antoinette Ball!
I would like to find out how many members of this forum would be interested in a ,"Marie Antoinette Ball," :!: where we could meet and wear period costumes and dance and listen to music that she loved in an atmosphere that will send us back in time. It could even be planned as a weekend event for those that live any distance from where I would arrange to conduct the Ball, which will be either New York or Texas.
Let me know what you think and I would be pleased to hear any ideas anyone may offer. :D

Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:49 am
Profile YIM
Noble
Noble

Woooow, that sounds lovely, amazing really. But difficult.
Sounds like something out of my dreams. I wish I could be able to dress in period costume. *dreamy eyes* New York just adds to the dreamy-ness. ^^

Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

That sounds great, but I don't know, because I don't live in the USA, and it's quite difficult to come there. But the idea is fantastic! :)

Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:08 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Great idea. Try and organize it for the 16th or 17th October (maybe not the 16th for obvious reasons) when I may well be in NY!!

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:48 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Great idea. Try and organize it for the 16th or 17th October (maybe not the 16th for obvious reasons) when I may well be in NY!!

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:49 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

That is a terrific idea, but very difficult. Some don't have the means to travel and get the costumes done and all that jazz. But I did tell my husband, that's how I want my 30th birthday to be. A time travel to the 18th c, I of course will be Marie Antoinette!

Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:01 am
Noble
Noble

That would be the most beautiful birthday! *gets all starry eyed* You must show us pictures of your dress!
I've always wanted a Marie Antoinette style Wedding. It's the main reason i'm going to university, so i can afford a wedding and my future little ones. Every time i go to study for an exam, i tell myself it's all for the kids... loll

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:18 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

MadameRoyale, I would like to wear Marie Antoinette style gown in my weddings too! :) And it would be nice if my husband wears clothes like Louis Auguste has in the weddings :D

Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:10 am
Noble
Noble

I can't wait to be able to dress up all beautiful, and pretend you're a Queen for a little while. *starry eyed*
LOL yeah Arianna we just have to get the boys to cooperate :wink:

Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:22 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post A Marie Antoinette Ball
Sillage de la Reine, Many have viewed this topic but only a few have replied and I realized many would be thinking as you do,..the cost! :!: I have anticipated this for many of the members of this forum. When the location is found and a date set it would be six months to a year to the actual first Marie Antoinette Ball so this would give forum members a chance to plan and budget for such an event. Secondly, this will be planned as a weekend event, with guest arriving on Friday, (or Saturday as the case may be) the Ball being held on a Saturday and Sunday the final day of a three-day 18th century fantasy come true. Third, I would have a number of reasonably priced accommodations for $25-$50 a night for members on tight budgets who could not afford the regular hotel room rates with its added tax, and for those who can afford a hotel I would have a package deal arranged at reduced cost. Having done considerable research on 18th century clothing and wigs there are numerous sources for very reasonably priced costumes. A complete, decent period costume could be put together for as little as $200. FINALLY, I am going to have at least 20 ladies costumes and 20 gentleman's with all accessories available for those who may be able to afford the trip and cost of the Ball but NOT the wig and clothing also. Anyone who would like to attend but are concerned if they could afford it, let me know what your budget is and I will see if we can make it work. I know the distance will be a problem for some but if many can plan toward this goal it could be a wonderful event for all on this forum to meet and REALLY experience the world of Marie Antoinette and the 18th century, not just to talk and write about it..but to LIVE IT even if only for a moment.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:54 am
Profile YIM
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

LOL yeah Arianna we just have to get the boys to cooperate :wink:

Yes, we have to :D

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 am
Noble
Noble

i would love it if this happened, something about the 18th century dresses the ladies had that give off a different type of sexy

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:23 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Here's one boy that's on for dancing with all the ladies 8) Just make it the weekend of the 17th October princess!

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:04 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Wow Diana that sure sounds like a plan to me. That is the absolute dream party for almost anyone not just MA lovers! I also want to add, if its in your budget, you could probably rent a horse carriage to the VIP guest (the loyalist marie fans). And to be qualified a VIP....we have to answer 8/10 right on a marie antoinette Quiz when we RSVP! *its just an idea, but it would be the cherry topper for an 18th c costume ball!

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:23 am
Royalty
Royalty

I think it's a fine idea ... prohibitively expensive in time and money for me to attend from all the way down here in Australia, however I will lend the support of the site and the forum for advertising and such if you require it :)

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:57 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next