Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 *Her~Favorite~Things... 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Lamballe never was seen in the duchess parties I think and the private society, considering she thought she should not get involved with the Queen's favorite even though Lamballe and Polignac had a sweet friendship. This stressed the queen, for she wanted her friends to unite but Lamballe felt it was wong that the queen was close to her favorite.

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:50 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes the relations between Polignac and Lamballe were ambiguous... certain say that they were not appreciated. But Lamballe was timid, and because of the influence of Polignac on Marie-Antoinette, she preferred to move away durinf a time. :D

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I think Lamballe had logical and rational reasons why she preferred not to be associated with her but I feel as though, the queen really just wanted her friends uniting and for Lamballe to understand the opinioned court was important but not when it comes to ruin the happiness of the queen and her friends I believe. Marie Antoinette was always known more to follow her heart, her desire than being selfish when it comes to people.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:59 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I had read somewhere that she had an aversion to the color orange in any form, clothing, decoration, etc. She liked pale pastel colors, such as lavender, light blue, pink, pale green. She loved the arts, theater, music, dancing, and opera. And (unlike her husband :wink: ) was not a big eater. She preferred chicken and fish dishes and simple soups, not rich and heavy food (quite healthy don't you think?) But being from Austria, loved pastries and sweets. Oh, and she loved snow too! It brought back such fond memories of sleigh parties at Schonnbrun (?) that she had as a little girl. :D

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:56 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Exactly, dear Louis ! I have the same information about orange colour. I think I read it in Chantal Thomas' book. The author also says that Marie Antoinette someday just "fell into white", for she adored this colour. She dressed in white, with her ladies, had her children dressed in white... Chalon considered that Trianon was dedicated to white ! And purity... like an eden...

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:12 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Yes, that would suit the character of the Queen perfectly, Pimprenelle! We know that she wanted to escape from the formality and pomp of court-life, with it's garish rouge painted ladies, and so retreated to her 'simple' life at the Trianon...in simple white frocks and straw hats, picnicing on the lawn overlooking the pond. Ahhhhhh :)

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:54 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ah...Stop Louis XVI I'm dreaming now :lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

En gaulle one is your favorite Marie Antoinette, definitely, Chou... isn't she ? Me gourre-je ? :lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:49 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Please translate Pimprenelle! Does en gaulle refer to the simple white dresses she preferred? :?

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:58 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ah Pim...ce portrait me rend fou...(les autres aussi cela dit)...j'adore!!! :lol:
Quelle grâce! Quelle simplicité! Quelle Dignité! Quelle Majesté!.... :o

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:56 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I don't think anyoine mentioned that the Queen loved decorating! She was constantly rearranging the boiseries in her private appartments, having new furniture made, etc. She patronized great artists such as Riesener and Weisweiler for furnishings, Gouthiere and Thomire for bronze d'or, her architects Mique and Gabriel, Sevres porcelain....I think her rooms are one of the best ways that we can really 'be in her shoes'. I hope one day to visit the places where she made her mark! :D

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:47 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

You are so right, Louis ! There is a wonderful book by Huisman and Jallut where the authors explain this passion so well ! They say that, when the manufacturer did not see what she wanted, Marie Antoinette drew the motives herself, so that they could execute them on the furniture.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:15 am
Noble
Noble

Yes it's that Louis XVI :D

Ah Pim...ce portrait me rend fou...(les autres aussi cela dit)...j'adore!!! :lol:
Quelle grâce! Quelle simplicité! Quelle Dignité! Quelle Majesté!.... :o

Chou... :roll: you need a girlfriend ! Yes the queen was awesome, but please, you seem to be in love ! What a drama ! A youg man as you are feeling this for a painting ! Look aroud you ! I'm sure you will find a gorgeous young woman ! Keep hope ! :wink:

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:21 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Of course... Chou is a charming and handsome guy ! :D

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next