Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Marie Antoinette as a part of the pop culture. 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Marie Antoinette as a part of the pop culture.
Yes, I’ve heard how she couldn’t concentrate and how she was known for never finishing things.
Princess2 wrote:
Some people are naturally clever/intelligent but not necessarily academic.

I agree with you.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:37 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

That's the way I am! :wink:

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I have trouble concentrating unless I have an avid interest. an it is absolutly true that there are very smart people who are not book smart, but they easily can be. Since they are already smart.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:35 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Elle wrote:
I have trouble concentrating unless I have an avid interest. an it is absolutly true that there are very smart people who are not book smart, but they easily can be. Since they are already smart.

That is exactly how I am.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:50 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I am not a book smart :lol: . I was always a good student but I never had all A’s.
I have heard that Marie A. was not that interested in the history and philosophy??
Too bad if that's true.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:37 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

But I think that you both have become Book smart, In spite of yourselves, you research, and come up with quotes, Computer smart is a term yet to be coined,But I think it comes under book smart, It is going, and finding, internalizing and then writing about. That is Booksmart. That is also college. Just plain smart, which I know u both are as well, is simple survival, like a friend of mine, she knows nothing of math, history, geography, art, nothing, but she figured out how to get the government to give her a couple of acres, and pay for half of her house to be built. or how to feed her seven children on 150 dollars a week, with coupons and a freezer. She is not dumb, and she could be booksmart if she tried.
Marija, you are such a writer, using quotes, ect. Such good clear thinking! You would probably be an awsome debator.Or writer or history, or Government professor $$ or teacher. and get college A's
Compte when you know about Architecture styles, Chateau floor plans and porcelain styles, that is book smart. But some (usually uneducated,) put down booksmart,) however I don't think you could have it without natural intelligence!! MA had a concentration problem, usually people who have that are very smart they just need to get interested in something.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:56 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Elle wrote:
But I think that you both have become Book smart, In spite of yourselves, you research, and come up with quotes, Computer smart is a term yet to be coined,But I think it comes under book smart, It is going, and finding, internalizing and then writing about. That is Booksmart. That is also college. Just plain smart, which I know u both are as well, is simple survival, like a friend of mine, she knows nothing of math, history, geography, art, nothing, but she figured out how to get the government to give her a couple of acres, and pay for half of her house to be built. or how to feed her seven children on 150 dollars a week, with coupons and a freezer. She is not dumb, and she could be booksmart if she tried.
Marija, you are such a writer, using quotes, ect. Such good clear thinking! You would probably be an awsome debator.Or writer or history, or Government professor $$ or teacher. and get college A's
Compte when you know about Architecture styles, Chateau floor plans and porcelain styles, that is book smart. But some (usually uneducated,) put down booksmart,) however I don't think you could have it without natural intelligence!! MA had a concentration problem, usually people who have that are very smart they just need to get interested in something.

I have the biggest concentration problem ever!
Oh, and I like to argue!

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thank you Elle. It is weird how your opinion highly matches something that my teachers had already said. You have mentioned debates and I was always good at them. :angel10:

Your friend is very smart when she managed to do the things you mentioned. She maybe doesn’t have the good education or knowledge but she obviously has enough intelligence to make her life easy. At the end, that is all that really counts.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:31 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yep(:

Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

:angel8: Well I think learning things about history,philosophy and Art brings a new enjoyment to life, that is refinement, that is culture. (As for my friend, the government house wasn't very good, and then her house caught on fire, :wink: luckily she had insurance and could build one back twice as good, How ever smart she is, I just don't want to live like that. though) It is simply not enough to survive or just nick by. I think culture and refinement are extremely important to the human experience. You both are on the right track! Marija, I knew you were good at debating over in introductions, talking to the royalist :D Now we had better get back on topic.
How about this Halloween Costume, is it cute, or completely disrespectful, after all it is the costume of the last Queen of France. I find no corresponding Queen Elizabeth 1 or 2.
Attachment:
Marie Antoinette costume.jpg
Marie Antoinette costume.jpg [ 7.59 KiB | Viewed 2442 times ]

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:12 am
Royalty
Royalty

Extremely tacky and disrespectful! I do not know why they still target Marie Antoinette, unless she is such a popular figure and a fun "character" to play. Why not Elizabeth I? Too majestic and virginal?

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:23 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

...That just reminds me how much I hate the fact that every adult woman Halloween costume has to be slutty. If you want to be Marie Antoinette for Halloween, think how much cooler it would be if you actually went in a full out robe à la française. You'd look fabulous and classy.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:01 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

dreamoutloud wrote:
...That just reminds me how much I hate the fact that every adult woman Halloween costume has to be slutty. If you want to be Marie Antoinette for Halloween, think how much cooler it would be if you actually went in a full out robe à la française. You'd look fabulous and classy.

Exactly, but we live in a sex craved world.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:04 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

right, at 13 my school is nasty and to "sexy".....and i live in suberbia!

anyway, i hate outfits like this. being extreamly tiny myself my mother thought that i could be MA for halloween wearring this as long as we "un sexed" it up. i didnt do it anyway. people target her as a sex icon and she REALLY wasnt! she did nothing discusting nor taboo. its not like she was a playmate! :bunny:

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:57 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

To Elle:
Life without art is not life at all. :rainbow:
I am for the three ancient principles (Greece) – Goodness, Beauty and Fairness. Above all – Knowledge. Still, I know that I am liberated to think this way, since I don’t have money issues and my parents are supporting my every wish. I understand that some people are more concerned for the every day, real LIFE, than for the philosophy about the same.

Funny outfit :wink: . If a couple enjoy in playing games and this sort of outfit, that is fine, but why connecting it to Marie Antoinette?? This doesn’t seem like some innocent costume, this is more for some adult shop.

I must admit, it is cute, I would love it if the dress was longer. I love the colour. In this state, it is overly sexual and disrespectfully connected to Marie Antoinette.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next