Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Her looks 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Her looks
I'll see if I can t find it! And if I do, I'll post it!

Yes, I also find him quite handsome... 8)

Last edited by Rosalie on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:47 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I couldn't find, unluckily...just this small picture of the room:
Attachment:
Aula Foscolo.jpg
Aula Foscolo.jpg [ 25.66 KiB | Viewed 3303 times ]

The Maria Theresa portait can be seen in this webpage:

http://siba.unipv.it/buniversitaria/bib ... iano_2.htm

Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:00 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Oh, thank you, Rosalie. It seems wonderful!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:41 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, it's a very nice room, it's used for formal occasions, like graduations, conferences, and so on...The university itself is a building with a facade of the 18th century. And the main library is called "Teresiana". :)

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:16 pm
Yes,I think she was the most beautiful queen in the world.At 37, the age of her death she must have been in full splendour.History will make up for the injustice it had made to her,I'm sure.I'm actually sure she looked better than the portraits show."Cherchez la femme"...Only around a masterpiece such controversy can take place.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:27 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Quote:
Rosalie on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:31 pm
Why unttractive?

Personally I find her very attractive. However the hypocritical beauty standards here in the States would look for any fault then judge her as unattractive.
I can't imagine the pain she went through when her mother had her undergo "beautification" surgeries. Most little girls, including me, imagine or pretend that they are princesses. Now that I'm an adult and know more about what that means, I don't know if I would want anything to do with the Nobility and it's politics. lol

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

She'd be unattractive nowadays? I don't think!
It is unnecessary to compare modern beauty to the then beauty... Marie Antoinette was a marvellous lady then and she would be so now. Everywhen, everywhere she'd be so. She had a noble grace and it predestinate nowadays people to love her. She'd be an especial beauty in 2009, I think.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:18 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I hate it when people compare Marie-Antoinette to Princess Diana but, as far as outward appearances go, I think they had the same type of classic beauty. Except, of course, Marie-Antoinette was not as thin.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:16 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Humm, I could kind of see that. If I could see one thing, I would wish to see her walk. It was praised so much, she must have been beautiful site to see.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, a great deal of Marie-Antoinette's beauty and charm had to do with the gracefulness of her walk and gestures.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:41 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

In Sofia Coppola’s 2006 motion picture “Marie Antoinette”, the French Queen is portrayed as having an appitite for the latest craze and for making controversial decisions when it came to hair and accessories. The real woman, behind the insparation for the film was indeed very similar. After her imprisonment in 1792 a group of revolutionaries made a point of invading her wardrobe at Tuileries and clothed themselves. This shows how they outwardly admired these items of clothing, and admired the Queen herself, even if they want the Queen dead for spending extortionate amounts of money on them. It has been suggested that she could not control her own life, after being betrothed before birth, and therefore used her fashion to control one aspect of her life. She was also not considerd attractive or beautiful; Anne Hollander, the author of “What Marie Antoinette Really Wore” describes the royal Austrian as having “the Habsburg jaw”. Now however, 200 years after her death, the general public are not aware of this fact as she is commonly portrayed in modern sources as such a fashion idol that beauty is overlooked. Her prognathism that was common within her Austrian bloodline is never commented on but her 3 foot high powerd hair, decorated with plumes and scandalous items (otherwise known as a “pouf”) is an image any modern designer will recognise and admire.

I just found this which I thought would be an interesting contribution! Wrote it AGES ago!

Marie Antoinette Inspired Jewlery ->

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 074?ref=ts

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
From what I have read, during her youth - Maria Elisabeth was considered the most beautiful of her sisters--however smallpox scarred her face stripping her of her beauty....She had the famous violet eyes.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10