Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 weight and size(centimeters) 
Noble
Noble

Post weight and size(centimeters)
HI,i wanted to know MA 's weight and size of bra and stomach,if anyone know this please...i know there is one book that say about this but now dont remember..maybe in stephan zweig or campan's memories?

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:10 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Weight ? No idea, dear... But we have informations from her milliner Mme Elofe : bosom 109 cm, waist 58 cm, that is to say an important ratio between the bosom and the waist. Of course, these measures were made late, after Marie Antoinette's pregnancies. She was thiner when she was young. While aging, she got stouter.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:45 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

that waist measurement is pretty tiny . Do you know if that was her measurementr with or without the corset ?

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:13 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I don't know... But it was after her pregancies, for it was made by Mme Elofe.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:30 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

wow her bust measuremnt is truly impressing :) but i think that it's imposible to have such a small waist while having such i big bust....

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:26 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

No, it isn't. Look at this picture of Mademoiselle Polaire, Colette and Willy's friend (French writers and actors, 1900):
The constent wearing of torture instruments can transform your body. Think of those little Chinese girls and their poor feet... :roll: Think of those girafes-women and their poor necks... :roll:

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:30 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Hester Thrale, who visited Versailles in 1775, made this observation....

19 Octr 1775 The Morning was spent in Dressing, the Noon in going to Court, and the Evening was got rid of at the Play. We saw the young Princess Elizabeth dine first—her Attendant was only Madam de Guemené, who took her Plate from her to give it the page &c., but another Gentleman carved for Elizabeth is youngest Sister to the King, about twelve Years old or so, not handsome but passable, if She not so pinched in her Stays as makes her look pale & uneasy to herself. All Children through this Nation I perceive are thus squeezed and tortured during their early Years, and the Deformity they exhibit at maturity repays the stupid Parents for their Pains. The Princess herself suffers in Compliance to her Country's Taste.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:32 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I think I was censured here....sorry if I offended girls...didn't mean any harm.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:11 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I like small waists , but that picture is just disturbing. She must have some serious spinal issues or something resulting from that torture. But i agree with you, it seems highly impossible to have a waist that small with a bust that big. That's why i asked about the corset.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:48 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Indeed, dear Oceane, those ladies had serious health problems due to their constant wearing of too tight corsets.
But this hourglass figure was the ideal to obtain, and we know how women can suffer to be beautiful... Not only women, for men had to suffer too ! They used to wear false calfs, for instance... :roll:

But back to those poor women and their crushed stomachs ! The constant wearing of a corset can transform your thorax very deeply. You seem astonished by Marie Antoinette's mesearements (109 bust - 58 waist). For the time, this was totally normal, for the corsets accentuated this ratio, in order to make women's thorax look like hourglasses.
Look at this shape. You can see that this corset squeezes your waist, and accentuates the ratio between your waist and your bosom, by letting your breatsts florish.

You can see how the wearing of corsets can transform your inner morphology. On this pictures, see how corsets accentuate your bosom shape as an effect of squeezing your waist.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:13 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

...Very interesting and precise thank you Pim :wink:

Marie-Antoinette hated this corsets....she prefered the simple dresses like "en gaulle" without all that :D

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Dear God, what a dreadful picture .. it's no wonder that they swooned all the time! Must have been incredibly damaging to their internal organs to be forced into that shape.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:35 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes... and no, actually... She hated corsets as a very young girl, although she really needed that to correct her back.

Later, as Simone Bertiere notices, she would be a true adept of corsets. Of course, she was... otherwise, how could she obtain such a ratio ?

By the way, 58 cm waist was not an incredible measurment. The record was a woman waist of 40 cm (16 inches). Far shorter than Marie Antoinette ! :wink:

Chou, I am very interested in this, for I think our today movies reconstitutions are not accurate. The actresses wear corsets that squeeze their bosom too. With such corsets, you could not obtain such a ratio and this so beautiful hourglass figure.
On the other hand, you have those portraits of Marie Antoinette, that show this so peculiar ratio, these tender curves...
Look at her so delicate waist... her so blooming bosom... isn't it sweeter than all that these movies show us ? :shock:

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:49 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I've actually heard of a 14 inch waist somewhere :(. I wonder what the one in the picture would have been? Must be something like that. Lord, the agony.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:51 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

16 inches is a record of the victorian times, as far as I remember. But there are girls that still go on wearing corsets... :x As there are girls who are anorexic... :x I relly wonder why girls enjoy so much hurting their own bodies... :roll:

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next