Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 NEW FORUM SUGGESTION 
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post NEW FORUM SUGGESTION
Hello All,

I think that we should have a forum dedicated to the Hapsburgs and her early, formative years in Vienna. What about one devoted to Schonbrun, which many consider to be the most beautiful and tasteful royal residence in all of Europe? What about one devoted to her father and another devoted to her mother, the august Empress Maria Theresa? It seems to me that most are only concerned with Marie after her arrival in France and I find this very limiting as it ignores all of the familial, cultural and childhood influences that helped to make her who she was. Who would any of us be without our parents, native countries and childhoods in general?
How can all of these be ignored in any serious study of who she really was? The omission of such things does not do the queen justice and I am NOT just saying this because of my stupid attempt at a fictitious book. I just feel that ignoring 40% of her life is keeping too much of her in the shadows...

Sincerely,
Ray

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:16 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: NEW FORUM SUGGESTION
There is no problem at all with opening discussion threads about Marie Antoinette's childhood in Austria. You could discuss the palace at Schönbrunn in the Architecture and Design Forum, her parents in the Family forum. There is space for it all, just a matter of getting the ball rolling and opening up the subjects for talk.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:51 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post Re: NEW FORUM SUGGESTION
Thanks Adrienne. I will do this. What I really was after was a main heading for the topic in the Library section, but what you have suggested is sensible and easy. As always, I appreciate your responses to my questions and ideas. Have a Beautiful and Blessed Day.

Thanks again,
Ray

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]