Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:43 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Forum Etiquette 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Forum Etiquette
I'm rather dismayed at the recent fall in standards of conversation and debate we have had on the boards. I think it's appropriate to remind everyone that when you are participating in a conversation, debate or argument on these boards that I and the other users expect you to maintain a reasonable level of composure and dignity in your comments and responses to others.

I suggest before posting anything on these boards that you keep in mind the following
  • stay focussed on the topic. Off topic posts and responses will be deleted without notice. I am thoroughly sick of wading through pages of irrelevant comment. If you'd like to engage in off-topic conversation use the Tête-à-tête forum.
  • One word and one line responses, unless particularly cogent to a discussion, are discouraged (with the exception, once again of the Tête-à-tête forum where conversation flows more freely)
  • Ad hominem attacks and/or comments are not welcome on these boards. If you disagree with what someone is saying, state what it is in their argument or opinion that you object to and provide reasons for your objection which address the substance of the argument. Personal comments relating to age, gender, religion, nationality, level of education (the list goes on) will not be tolerated and simply cause you to appear foolish.
  • If you are in dispute with someone, resolve the matter via private message or by speaking with a moderator or with me. Public bickering will not be tolerated and posts of that nature will also be deleted without notice. Put simply, the rest of us reading the boards are not interested in your private arguments, we are here to talk and learn about Marie Antoinette.

If you wish to discuss this or anything else, you are always welcome to PM me. I don't have the time to keep such a close eye on the boards as I would like, but I am always happy to make time to review problems and help you use the forum.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:21 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]