Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Antoinette and mon chien :( 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Antoinette and mon chien :(
Last September my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Sugar, passed away. After being told she had a large cancer tumor in the veterinary surgery, the vet then told me those fateful words none of us ever want to hear when it comes to our loved pets "I want to euthanise her".

So of course at that point I felt overwhelmed with pain because I had known for a few weeks her time was to come very soon because she was already 17 years old and had stopped wanting to eat, I just didn't want to accept it until I actually heard the words from the vets mouth. And so upon accepting the vets decision, I held Sugar and then I did something ....

I dont know how many of you out there have pets and believe they go somewhere after they die or whether they just turn to ashes, but I believe that love never dies and therefore they don't, and what I did was I prayed for her little soul to go to Antoinette, because of her love for chiens and I know that none would look after her better but our dear Antoinette. My best friend could not go to anyone else but to her.

Then as I held her while she slipped away from me, praying Antoinette would take her and look after her, the room was suddenly filled with sunlight rays, even the vet was slightly taken back. And then I felt she had gone from me, but she was not gone, she was still alive but somewhere else, and perhaps with someone else, perhaps with Antoinette. Whatever it was, I knew I would always miss her, but I knew she was happy. It's been 2 months and I am still tearing up typing this..

I didn't post this in here for a while and have even thought against because I don't know, it sounds a bit cuckoo to many of you perhaps, and the fact I havent talked about her death for these past months it hurts too much. But this is something personal that happened to me that I do want to share, and I believe Antoinette did hear me that day in my distress, so I urge all of you, if any of you have to ever go through this, I really do stress, think of Antoinette...

Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Oh, that is very sad. But I'm glad you did want to put her in Antoinette's hands, I am sure, where ever she is, she is very honored. I had tears in my eyes when I read this, partly for my beloved cat died not long ago. That whole day, I thought about Antoinette. I picked up a copy of the portrait with the empty cradle, and stared into her eyes.
I thought, perhaps, that my kitty would go and see The Queen. I believe that our creatures, us who love The Queen, shall meet her even after they have said good-bye to us.
Therefore, we should feel much more assured. :cry:

Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:40 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Thats very sadabout your cat too :( but I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who thought about Antoinette when I lost a loved one. I think Antoinette was such a kind person it was in her nature to be a lover of all animals so atleast we can think of our cherished pets are with her now.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

It's a sad but wonderful story. It's never easy when one we love leaves this place, but when it happens one must feel happy if it happens like it did with your Sugar.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:29 pm
Royalty
Royalty

That is a very moving story Jasmine d'Adelaide. :cry: I have a little chien too, he is a westy and is only 8 years old, but if the time comes that he must ever go to sleep, I will pray to la Reine to let him go to her at Trianon.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes! I can imagine our pets at Petit Trianon or Petit Hameau, with Marie Antoinette. That, I am sure, is where they would love to be. My cat loved to roam, to be free, so what better place than Antoinette's hideouts? :D

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:42 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Yes Monsieur Andre, Antoinette will be with your little westy (a long time from now I hope and pray!) but when the time comes I am sure of it, she will be there...and yes, all of our beloved pets will all play together in trianon under the watchful eye of our Queen! And yes Hans Axel your right, its sad but wonderful because its like something of ours is passed onto someone who we all cherish (Antoinette!).

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Antoinette and mon chien :(
Mon Dieu! That is so extremely disheartening. I have four dogs. I have a beagle pointer mix, a corgi, a boxer, and a golden. The Golden Retriever is the oldest. I would be extremely morose if my beagle, my boxer or corgi had to be put down. My family and I have been considering whether or not we should put he down when she gets deathly ill-again. Although were convinced that the Retriever is radio active because she's so resilient .She sounds like she must have been a sweet little dog. I don't blame you. I would either pray for St. Francis, or Marie Antoinette to care for my dogs. I'm so sorry to hear you lost your beloved pet. I was very morose when we had to flush our fish down the toilet. And that's just a fish.

Except I don't think she would want to care for my boxer because she is a really bad dog. She eats everything off the counter, she runs away, jumps on people. However, after six years she is still like a puppy. She is oddly very human. She will climb onto my dad's lap and lick him. My dog Will (The Corgi) he is sort of bossy, but he's the head of the pack. It's ironic, because we'll yet at him, if he snarls at one of the other dogs, and he'll sort of cower and give a look that says " I'm so sorry." And when you wake just at the right time in the morning he'll greet you by a long winded "Herou!" and a his shake of his hindquarters because he has little to no tail. They all get sort of nervous/depressed when they're all separated.

The Beagle, she is like snoopy. Instead of turning and looking at you, she'll turn her head up and back to look at you. She'll play with the boxer, surpassing her in speed.When we let the dogs out she stands in this large urn, and she'll spring right off. The beagle is snuggly, she'll stretch out on well, whatever like a slinky and you're sitting there thinking "Hey!This dog is taking up the whole entire couch!" When she was in her crate she would whimper and do a little dance. And we would go " Beeeagle, why do you cry Beagle?" and she would whimper even more. When she darts about the house she will jump on the old dog, or attempt to make the old one play with her. She's very quirky yet in an endearing way.

So I don't think she'll want to take my idiots. I wouldn't want to lay the burden on her. So I would opt for St. Francis.
I apologize for the longevity of this post.:)

Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:10 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

My Goodness, what a heart wrenching story... In Egypt, I had a German Shepherd named Max that I had gotten from the PDSA (an animal charity in Egypt) and I think he was a former police dog. He was also a big baby and would HOWL whenever I left the apartment. The point is that I was always so careful about not letting him put anything in his mouth when walking him. One terrible night, though, we were in the gardens in front of my building on the Corniche. He was far away from me and I saw him pick up something with his mouth and eat it, but I figured "Oh well" as it was late and I was tired. About thirty minutes or so after we got back upstairs, he tried to jump up on the sofa and his back legs buckled under. He walked over to me where I was sitting at the table and whined and I saw that something was terribly wrong. He laid down and then, while I was looking into his eyes, he died. I actually saw the life leave him and I was devastated. He had been poisoned. Not intentionally, of course, as everyone loved him. However, there were packs of street dogs that roamed the gardens at night and made an awful racket and someone had thrown a poisoned piece of food down there for them I am sure. I nevertheless blamed myself and didn't get another pet for four years until I found Miss Eleanor, my cat, in the middle of a Midan in Digla and she was not even fully weaned. I was leaving the apartment of a private student and there she was, so small and helpless, looking like a little ragamuffin, just meowing. I meowed back and she crossed the road and started rubbing my leg. I picked her up, the taxi came and the rest is history. I was devastated about Max, however, for a very long time. For a few days after his death, I swear I would wake up and still try to step over him when I got out of bed as he used to sleep on the floor beside my bed so that I could lean down and scratch his head. (I had never had a German Shepherd before, but they are really wonderful dogs.) The interesting thing was that it was as if he was still there for a few days, like a ghost or something. It really killed me. It also took me a long, long time to get over it and I blamed myself completely. So, I can certainly empathize with you. You did the right thing, however, by euthanizing a creature in pain and so should not feel bad, although I am sure you miss your beloved pet as much as I did and do. I believe that animals have souls, certainly cats and dogs at the very least. I am sure our pets are just fine, wherever they are. It's also very sweet about Antoinette. I am sure you are a very sweet and loving person. God Bless You and all the 'Little Men and Little Misses' that we care for and that bring such love into our lives. I don't know what I would do if something happened to Miss Eleanor...

Sincerely,
Ray

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:06 am
Royalty
Royalty

My last post was a while back. I had to put Goldy down. It was that Easter Sunday we put her down. I went with my mother and my sister to visit her. And we knew she was so sick. Our vet came from his house to put her down on his own time. I'm getting misty eyed writing this. The vet told us that she would flinch due to a reaction of the shot. She flinched. We hugged her and kissed her goodbye. I was sobbing so hard that my face began to match the dress I was wearing. I prayed that St. Francis and our dear Antoinette would take good care of her. Our dogs were depressed for a while. Since Goldy was the matriarch of the pack. I miss messing with her soft floppy ears. And when my boxer would get at her food she would hop up and bark as if to tell me "Hey! Lillian took my food, will you do something". I remember when she would walk around I would see her long feathery tail peeping out from the surface of the counter. I will stop now because I'm getting bleary eyed.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:54 pm
Royalty
Royalty

I'm so sorry to hear about your german shepherd Ray, he sounds like a very sweet dog. :crybaby:

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:55 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Thank you Hellou_Librorum,
He was a very sweet dog as I am sure Goldy was, too. You did the right thing, however, as she would have suffered so much more if you had not. I am supposed to be researching Antoinette and yet, I get sidetracked all of the time. Regarding pets, though, I don't care if it is a sidetrack and I will not blame myself for taking the time to write about it. It is nice to share memories with others of pets we have loved. I got really sad thinking about Max, too. God Bless You and, even though it hurts, thank you for taking me back. They should be remembered...(By the way, I buried him in the garden in front of my building which was on the Nile just south of Maadi after laying his body on a sheet at the entrance to the building for a whole day so everyone had to walk around him and I planted a Palm tree at his head which is there today.)

Most Sincerely,
Ray

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:04 am
Royalty
Royalty

Merci Monsieur Ray. Vous etes tres gentil!

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:06 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Thank you Madame and so are you. God Bless.

Sincerely,
Ray

Edmund Burke, (1790)

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:10 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Dear Hellou_Librorum,
May I ask you a question about the French language? In my story, I have someone answer a door and say "Entrez Vous." My French friend Janie wrote me back that that was wrong and I should have written "Entrez Donc." I think she is talking about modern French. Would someone in the eighteenth century have used "Entrez Donc"? I didn't want to dispute Janie's word and besides, her English isn't that good and she is busy working on her doctorate in Egyptology back in France. I am lucky she read my work at all. Could you confirm her advice that I change it? Thank you so much.

Ray

Edmund Burke, (1790)

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next