Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Question... 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Question...
I have a question...
Would you rather see a *role-play(of the french court) with fictional characters, yet outlining the life of Louis and Antoinette, or will the real characters, as in you could join as.. say... The Duchesse de Polignac?
Just a question, very off topic! O.o :D

* A role-play is where you join as character, of any genre, and play as him/her, in writing. Other people join, and a plot develops.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:53 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

It would be more interesting with real characters, but perhaps there would be some arguments on who is going to be who, not everyone can be Antoinette. :wink: I aslo think it could be hard to step into a real role, because one must know a lot about that person to do that. Maybe it would be possible to choose if you want to be a real character or not, so it would be a mix. That would be my suggestion, I think that could be interesting!

Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:20 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Oh, thank you Hans Axel! That is a wonderful idea. :D

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:26 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Re: Question...
I feel that both ways would be fun and interesting. One would learn a lot too.......
But for sure, Hans Axel, one would have to know the Characters intimately to portray the "Real" Person accurately...not to mention emphaty....
It would be hard to remain objective in a fictional role play, as one's feelings and emotions regarding the Persona's in question would be personal.
In addition, We all have probably slightly different feelings of how Royalty should be portrayed.....
But it would be very interesting though.......

But what an interesting idea, Madame Vigee-Le Brun....

X

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:08 am
Profile YIM WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Hm, maybe. I just have never thought role-playing games were a very good idea.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Well, I'm making a roleplay site of Louis XV's court, when Antoinette was Dauphine. I'm putting a list of available characters, including Louis XV, Louis XVI and other family. If it doesn't work out, I'll make it so the characters must be fictional. It might not work out... but it's worth a try. When it's done, I'll post the link so you guys can give me your opinion. 8)

Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:47 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Also, sorry for the double post, I'm looking for advice about this roleplay. Should I just do the board "The King's Appartments", or should I make a sub-board with the various names of the different rooms? :mrgreen:

Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:05 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

various rooms. This role playing idea is wonderfull. Often have I dreamt of being a part of the french court in the 18th c. Although I do think that allowing people to join as fictional characters is a good idea. It adds an element of surprize and question that would not be present if the characters were simply all acting out history like a rehearsed performance.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:38 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

shelby.marie wrote:
various rooms. This role playing idea is wonderfull. Often have I dreamt of being a part of the french court in the 18th c. Although I do think that allowing people to join as fictional characters is a good idea. It adds an element of surprize and question that would not be present if the characters were simply all acting out history like a rehearsed performance.

Madame Vigée-Le Brun wrote:
Also, sorry for the double post, I'm looking for advice about this roleplay. Should I just do the board "The King's Appartments", or should I make a sub-board with the various names of the different rooms? :mrgreen:

Yes, I also think this idea is wonderful.....And I too have dreamt of being part of the Court. And using fictional characters is so much more fun, and avoids the problem of portraying our lovely Marie-Antoinette "correctly".....
Hhhhmmm, I guess we could portray ourselves.......now, that could be revealing and interesting!

I have attended various "Royal" evenings at a local estate, where the invitees played fictional Royal Roles....It was just wonderful engaging in the Role play and also dressing up in wonderful Regal Gowns and Mantles.....In this case, the costumes where the 19th century Crinoline's, but it was Divine all the same....
But on-line it could be just as much fun..... Let our fantasies flow...
I would love to get the link.....Thank you! :D

X

Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

That all sounds great, having royal parties! I always wanted to try doing something like that with my friends, but I don't know if everyone would play along? :roll: Any reason to get all dressed up sounds great to me!

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:20 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

You guys seem interested, which is great! I'm going to make a twist, people can play as the King/ Queen, Dauphin/ Dauphine, but they are going to be make-believe characters! I'll give you the link, but the site is very pretty and won't be completed for about two months, but you guys can join before hand. :mrgreen: It will be fun!

The link is : http://wildmask.proboards54.com/index.cgi

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

can't wait until it's ready!

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:10 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

It shouldn't take too long. It's not going to be the most attractive site ever, but it will be fun (I hope!) nonetheless.
I'll work on it a bit tonight.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:25 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

shelby.marie wrote:
That all sounds great, having royal parties! I always wanted to try doing something like that with my friends, but I don't know if everyone would play along? :roll: Any reason to get all dressed up sounds great to me!
Madame Vigée-Le Brun wrote:
You guys seem interested, which is great! I'm going to make a twist, people can play as the King/ Queen, Dauphin/ Dauphine, but they are going to be make-believe characters! I'll give you the link, but the site is very pretty and won't be completed for about two months, but you guys can join before hand. :mrgreen: It will be fun!

The link is : http://wildmask.proboards54.com/index.cgi

Hi Ladies!

I've been away, so just catching up!
Yes, the Royal parties were wonderful, and we hope to have some more in the future. It's a wonderful way to express one's interests and persona.
As regards the link to the Role-play, I will go there as soon as I have a little spare time. Right now I am just catching up with correspondence and so on.
In the meantime, thanks for the link! And we'll meet there soon. And yes, we will make it fun! :P :mrgreen:

XXX

Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I've had a look at the site, it seems very nice! I will join soon...as soon as I properly understand how it works :) I's the first time I've played a roleplay
Good idea anyway!

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next