Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 hungarian MA-profile 
Royalty
Royalty

Post hungarian MA-profile
Hey everybody!

Je suis trés content :) because i have made a profile of Marie Antoinette on a hungarian correspondance site. I uploaded some picture of her, f example her portrait at the age of twelve. ( I think she's very beautiful on this picture) Before this, there was no MA profile on hungarian websites. I am so pleased: this is the first day and i already have more than a dozen correspondance!!! So, i try to popularize our queen. I would show it to you but you must to be member on this site to see it, so i am really sorry about it:( If somebody has a profile on IWIW, s/he will find it!

Last edited by Anouk on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:32 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: hungarian MA-profile
Bravo! Hungarians and internationally, must be enlightened about Marie Antoinette. :)

Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:45 am
Royalty
Royalty

Thank you, she has two hundred friends now. I know it's not so much but in Hungary it's a good average.

Last edited by Anouk on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:54 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Anouk wrote:
Thank you, she has two hundred friend now. I know it's not so much but in Hungary it's a good average.

Keep up the good work! I think the Hungarian aristocracy had the same style and flair as the French, not to mention Hungarian surnames. They sound so beautiful! I would like to go to Hungary one day. Anouk, can you recommend what to see related to at least 18th century? I would really appreciate it!
/Thorleif Nilsson

Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:37 am
Royalty
Royalty

Thorleif Nilsson wrote:
Anouk wrote:
Thank you, she has two hundred friend now. I know it's not so much but in Hungary it's a good average.

Keep up the good work! I think the Hungarian aristocracy had the same style and flair as the French, not to mention Hungarian surnames. They sound so beautiful! I would like to go to Hungary one day. Anouk, can you recommend what to see related to at least 18th century? I would really appreciate it!
/Thorleif Nilsson

Thank you for your interest! Ah yes really, there is something in common in French and Hungarian style, but in my country, from the XVIth century, there was only a few aristocrat who fellow it. I have to say that unfortunately Hungary was behind and so stranded from the beginning of the XVIth century because of the big dictance from sea, the conquest of Ottomans and later the dependent role from Habsburgs. My country's culture begun to fall away.The few lucky could study in Western Europe, giving culture and standard to Hungary.
I reccomend you some place to see, but not only in present Hungary, because in 1920 more than the two-third of my country's territory was annexed to neighbour countries, Romania, Slovaky, Sloveina, Croatia, Austria and Ukraine.

So, there is some old hungarian town that worth to visit in Transylwania, Romania (they are mostly mediavel towns, baroque or rococo is rare there) or in Slovaky (Eperjes=Prešov, Bártfa=Bardejov, Kassa=Košice, Lőcse=Levoča, Nagyszombat=Trnava). In Hungary, there are some nice baroque castle, for example in Keszthey (Castle of György Festetics), in Buda, in Fertőd (castle of Esterházy) and the most famous is Gödöllő, the castle of Grassalkovich. Elizabeth of Bavaria, Queen of the Habsbourgs spent here time, because she preferred more the countryside castle than Schönbrunn.
Under Maria Theresia, some Austrian architecture (for e. Hillebrandt) worked in Hungary.
There is a few trinity statue. They were built in gratitude after black death in the XVIII century. One of them is in my city, Kecskemét.

Attachments:
File comment: This is the Castle of Gödöllő
Hu_Godollo_Kastely_800.jpg
Hu_Godollo_Kastely_800.jpg [ 145.21 KiB | Viewed 2087 times ]

Last edited by Anouk on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:37 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Thanks Anouk!
/Thorleif Nilsson

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:35 pm
Royalty
Royalty

You're welcome, I hope you're going to visit Hungary soon!

U are from Sweden? One of my best friends was there. I saw pictures about Göteborg and the Opera of Göteborg, and I loved them

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:34 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I like the picture!

Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:06 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I like it too. In america everything is so new.No baroque no rococo, no medevil for sure.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:57 am
Royalty
Royalty

Then again--- I think about America that it's good having much new buildings :cat: Avantages, disavantages...

Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:33 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I love old architecture that you can see in Vienna and Paris! I would like to be surrounded my whole life with baroque and rococo! :angel10:
I am not so keen on the new architecture. :?

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:45 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

thats why I love the way your countries look. If you have seen one american town you have seen them all. same 10 stores in the same sequence. Boring. I love Venice, rural Switzerland, France. oh some small towns in america are quaint with some flavor, but for the most part they start to all look alike. My favorite TV show is house hunters international. I get to see homes in other countries! Good luck with your Hungarian post Anouk! I hope you have 400 friends by today.

Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:32 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

History of my country is complicated (like the history of almost every country!). My country was under the Ottoman imperia for a long time and that reflected on the culture so baroque and rococo couldn’t develop as in some other European countries. In my town there aren’t buildings that are in the true rococo or baroque style. :cry: In Paris and Vienna there are so many old buildings in those styles! And people live in them! :love:

Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:28 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Your country must be beautiful and undiscovered! As I imagine, there are some secret old building, par exemple chapels, mansions...
Incidentally, just in case Ottomans had not destroyed it long time ago :(

Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:40 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Hungarian MA-profile
What type of Architecture Marija? Like the little town where the house that belonged to your grand mother is, what does that town look like I wonder? The countryside looked extremely beautiful It is horrible for people to be under oppression. it is suppressive to the culture. Like the slavery in America, that was horrible and we still face repercussions from that, 150 years later. and to Anouk I had a book when I was small, called the good Master, It was about a family who lived in Hungry. They had a very beautiful old stove, that was shaped like a dome and was painted with flowers and vines. I imagine however that story was how people lived there a very long time ago. The next time I talk to either one of you, I am going to know a whole lot more about the places that you come from. :oops: I hope youre site is bringing you alot of fun.

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next