Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 hungarian MA-profile 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: hungarian MA-profile
Yes Anouk there are many beautiful churches that survived from the middle age period. Culture of my country was very rich during the dynasty of Nemanjic. Architecture of my town is not particularly interesting. My country faced many wars and that turbulent history didn’t leave much space for the culture growth, not in the direction of baroque or rococo. Many fights with Ottomans, wars on Balkan, First and Second World War… In 1999 America bombarded us. All those wars left their mark on the culture of the country, many valuable buildings and objects were destroyed. Luckily there are still many wonderful churches that survived, than places where you can see the remainings of Ancient Rome, not to mention rural villages and wild nature. Beside one big fortress that became one of the most important symbols of my town, In my town most buildings are new so I am longing for the old flats in Paris and Vienna and the narrow streets of Rome.

Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:47 am
Royalty
Royalty

mee to, I love parisian flats.
About your country's architecture: so war destroyed buildings, but saved some by delimination?

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I don’t think that there is such thing as elimination in any war. You won’t throw a bomb on an old church but you will on some nice bridge that has its history but it is still used in modern days.

Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:23 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

How nice that you are contributing to the cultural renaissance in Hungary. Many years ago, I read James A. Michener's 'The Bridge at Andau' and I never forgot it. What a heroic people to rise up against the Soviet Union! One of my dear friends, though Australian by birth, is of Hungarian and Russian descent. We taught together in Egypt for some years and now she is in Dubai. Her name is Glenda and she is both beautiful and brilliant. You made me think of her. Good luck on your Hungarian endeavor!

Best Wishes,
Ray

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:09 am
Royalty
Royalty

ah thank you Ray! :)

Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2