Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Getting to know each other better 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Getting to know each other better
Of course all of us here are bound by our love of our dear Marie-Antoinette, but it would be lovely if we could share our interests and hobbies with each other and give everyone the chance to know a little more about their fellow posters. Nothing too personal or anything that you don't feel comfortable with sharing but simple things like favourite music, food, books, clothes and so on.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:42 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post Re: Getting to know each other better
In that case I think you should come up with a few questions (numbered) for us members to answer, after you have answered them yourself. That could be interesting.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:45 pm
Noble
Noble

I am looking forward to the questionairre!

-Jacqueline

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:19 am
Royalty
Royalty

Patience my friends, for I have been rather busy with work and other such pursuits of late! :D

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 am
Royalty
Royalty

Yes. I think its a brilliant idea! I approve.

:)

Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:39 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes! I agree.
It should be interesting to know if we share something else! I'm curious...

Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:53 pm
Royalty
Royalty

The long awaited questionnaire! :lol:
Let's start off easy...

1. What is your favourite food?
Thai Green Chicken Curry or Cookies and Cream Icecream!

2. What is your favourite type of music and a particular artist?
Mainly alternative but I also like classical music from 18-19th century. I'm particularly loving Hot Chip (UK) and Lavender Diamond (US) at the moment.

3. Do you have a favourite author or book?
I wouldn't actually say she was my all time favourite author but I'm giving in to the guilty pleasures of Georgette Heyer's Regency novels right now!

4. Who is the person most important to you and why?
Perhaps an obvious and sappy choice, but my partner. I'm moving down to be with him in a week's time due to his job transfer.

5. Where is your favourite place in the world and why?
I have not actually been there but I would imagine Vienna and Slovenia to be amazing places to visit.

6. How did you first discover Marie-Antoinette and what was it about her that kept your interest?
Unfortunately from the Coppola film :evil: but after much reading I've become hooked on her charm, beauty, intelligence and courage.

7. If you could be any person from history, who would you be and why? (barring M-A, of course!)
It would've been fascinating to be Eleanor of Aquitaine or Empress Sisi. Any of the brave women who fought for the Resistance during WWII.

8. If you had to choose between good health or riches, what would you choose and why?
This question is harder to answer than it looks. For if you had riches, could you not pay for your health to return? And if you had no money, how could you afford to keep yourself healthy? I think in the end, though, I would have to choose good health.

9. On that note, do you believe that money can buy happiness?
Certainly, it can make life more comfortable, but it would never fill the spiritual void.

10. What do you like best about this forum? :D
All the lovely people who contribute knowledge and share good conversation here! :D

Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:46 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

This is fun!

I eat tacos a lot, but my absolute favourite is a nice Swedich Moose Roast.

I like a lot of different types of music, from classical to newer things. Some om my favourite tunes are the three "Gymnopédies" by Erik Satie, "Crimson and Clover" by Tommy James and the Shondells and "Tangerine" by Led Zeppelin... So it's most certainly a lot of different types of music.

I have three all time favourite books; "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Brontë, "Goodnight, Mister Tom" by Michelle Magorian and the Swedish novels of Arn, by Jan Guillou, which actually are four novels (titles in Swedish: "Vägen till Jerusalem", "Tempelriddaren", "Riket vid vägens slut" and "Arvet efter Arn") so I guess that means I have six favourites.

I can't answer this... (!)

The countryside where I grew up in Sweden, it is paradise. I guess it is because I grew up there and I have a lot of memories from the place, but I really find the place the most beautiful and the most calming on earth.

6. How did you first discover Marie-Antoinette and what was it about her that kept your interest?
Actually my interest in Antoinette comes from my interest of Fersen, but I guess I became fascinated of the whole era when I saw the anime "Rose of Versailles" many years ago. I can go on and on about what it was that kept my intrest, there are so many reasons... It is all just so fascinating!

7. If you could be any person from history, who would you be and why? (barring M-A, of course!)
I guess I have to say Hans Axel von Fersen then... :D

8. If you had to choose between good health or riches, what would you choose and why?
Tricky question, but I have to say health. It is more important after all, it would make me and my family more happy in life, I think, and that's my main concern.

Yes of course, and I would not turn down a couple of millions. That does not mean that every millionaire is happy though, but it certainly makes it easier.

10. What do you like best about this forum?
It is the perfect way to gather real information about Antoinette.

Last edited by Hans Axel on Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:40 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Chicken in mushroom cream sauce with cheese and noodles, and yellow cake.

I'm not really into music. I like opera, though.

I have no idea. :lol:

My whole family. I love them! :D

My home. Corny, I know, but it's true.

The Sophia C. movie. I was captured by Marie Antoinette!

One of Marie Antoinette's dogs, or God. :lol: Kidding. I would be... Madame du Barry. She was so pampered!

Tough... Probably good health.

Of course. For example, you could buy a cat and that kitty could make you happy.

10. What do you like best about this forum?
The people and the subject.
:mrgreen:

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:46 am
Royalty
Royalty

1. My favorite food is capellini.

2. My favorite types of music are:

80's music i.e Rock Me Amadeus. I like rock, the Arctic Monkeys. Jet. Joan Jett. Dean Martin. ( That's Amore) I am really fond of jazz. Like "Mack The Knife." I like some pop. I adore classical music. Mozart is my favorite composer period. Bruce Springsteen. I like a lot of music generally except for country and rap. :D

3. My favorite author would have to be either Homer or J.R.R. Tolkien. My favorite book might be "The Death of King Arthur."

4. The most important people at the moment are my siblings and my parents and they always will be.

5. My favorite place in the world is the French country side, The Cotswold, or Horse Country in Virginia. Because I like having fresh air in my lungs, the abilitiy to take a stroll, pick some flowers and enjoy nature and the company of my family.

6. When I was younger I stumbled on a Royal Diary book, the Marie Antoinette Diary, of course. I was enchanted,captivated and enamored with the cover with a portrait of a woman wearing a misty blue dress. Years later I walked in a bookstore with my sister and my mother. I saw the book and I recognized it, I picked it up and we then bought the book. I then started reading the book and that is when my interest of our queen began. As to what kept my attention is my fascination, her charm and my curiosity.

7. If I could have been anyone in the world I would have chosen to be either to be Lorenzo de Medici or any member of the Medici family.

8. I would choose good health because if you're healthy enough you can work until you aqquire the amount of wealth you desire, and what is life if one is not healty to enjoy the fruits of your labor?

9. Money can either make the quality of your life better, no doubt. However finanical woes can and will ruin people's lives. Being as enlightened as you can, doing as much for others you can and living life will make one happy. Therefore, I will have to say no on that one.

10. I love how kind the people are here. I adore the fact how everyone is informative, and helpful. I appreciate everyone's opinions and thoughts, and replies. I love everything about here, and I wouldn't change it. :oops: * shyly looks down*

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:45 am
Royalty
Royalty

Hellou_Librorum wrote:
10. I love how kind the people are here. I adore the fact how everyone is informative, and helpful. I appreciate everyone's opinions and thoughts, and replies. I love everything about here, and I wouldn't change it. :oops: * shyly looks down*

Yes, isn't it lovely that there's never any nasty people on this forum, no flaming and the like?

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:51 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Here I am!

1) My favourite food is chocolate, in every form! And then pasta and lasagne.

2) I like both classical and rock music, and my favourite group are the R.E.M. Then Simon and Garfunkel the Beatles, the U2.

3) My favourite author is Dostoevskyi. My favourite book is The Idiot but I also particularly love Crime and Punishment. Then I love Tolkien (and fantasy in general), Jane Austen (especially Pride and Prejudice), Virginia Woolf, Homer, Vergil, ancient Greek tragdedy, latin poets lke Catullus and Lucretius. And, generally, I'm very fond of literature, it's my great love!

4)There's not only one...but of course family and friends :D

5) I don't have a favourite place. I love the Italian mountains and I like England. I also love Paris, but I've been there just once. I'd love to visit Russia, though, also for reasons stated at point 2.

6) I was charmed by MA watching the Rose of Versailles. Actually, it was my favourite cartoon when I was a child, then I decided to watch it all again last year and I discovered Marie Antoinette was a very interesting character. So I began investigating on her and I happened on this website...

7)I really don't know who I would be in history...I'd like Gandhi, but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to be like him :D

8) Good health without a doubt.

9) I don't believe money can buy happiness. Of course having enough to lead a comfortable life can help very much, but I know a lot of unhappy rich people...

10) I perfectly agree with Hellou-Librorum and Delicate Fleur: I love the fact people are so kind here! There's no-one who attacks or criticizes what others say in a nasty way. You feel in a friendly company :)

Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:31 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

um....I love food in general but I guess I would have to say tomatoes are my favorite flavor, fresh or prepared any different way.

this is hard too, because I love music, almost any type of genre. A few artists at the top of the list would have to be fiona apple, nina simone, tool, pearl jam, dave matthews, jack johnson, keller williams, joni mitchell, ok, I can see this is about to get out of control.

I don't really think so. I love the harry potter books.

my parents, brother and boyfriend. I wouldn't be able to choose just one of them.

I went to school in a castle in the Netherlands, I would love to go back someday, it was wonderful.

I first learned enough about her, to get me interested, in my french class, when I was 15.

I have no Idea, I don't think I'd want to be anyone else other than myself. Sappy right? :P
-on a side note, I am also a big lucille ball fanatic.

Definitely health for all the obvious reasons.

No, people that are constantly stressed will always find something to be stressed about, whether they have money or not. You just have to learn to make the best of now.

I think it's a great source to better fuel interest for more information about MA and her lifestyle.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:45 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

What a good topic!

I absolutely adore all types of Italian food.

Rock. My favourite bands are Muse, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Motley Crue. I also love classical music, Brahms and Beethoven are two of my favourite composers.

Jean Plaidy and Philippa Gregory at the moment. My historical fiction collection is legendary!

My Monsieur (who I am marrying in 9 days - wheee!!), and my beautiful daughter (who is one years old in 16 days - wheee again!).

The area where my father lives in Andulusia, Spain. It's so peaceful and tranquil, and despite the language barrier (my Spanish only extends so far), they have accepted me, Monsieur and our little angel as one of their own!

By reading a book on her. I have explained elsewhere.

Hmm, this is difficult. I suppose I'd be Madame Campan, who saw everything!

Good health, I suppose. The riches would come in very useful indeed but if you didn't live to enjoy them, what'd be the point?!

It can help, obviously, but there are more important things in life.

How nice everyone is. And the fact that I can indulge my M-A obsession without feeling at all unbalanced!!

Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:45 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Madame Amelia wrote:
My Monsieur (who I am marrying in 9 days - wheee!!), and my beautiful daughter (who is one years old in 16 days - wheee again!

Felicidades! Hope it goes well and you have an amazing time. :D Are you going anywhere on a honeymoon?

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next