Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 A Very Interesting Story 
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post Re: A Very Interesting Story
Simon, the cobbler, was in charge of the Dauphin? A cobbler? Dear God, it is more than I can bear...

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:58 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ray wrote:
Simon, the cobbler, was in charge of the Dauphin? A cobbler? Dear God, it is more than I can bear...

Yes.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, I confirm...

Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:46 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

And the standards just keep dropping......=[

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:33 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

All the way to the ground...

Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:11 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Deborah Cadbury's book explains the DNA testing and results - it was proved through DNA testing with strands of Marie Antoinette's hair to be the little dauphin's heart. If you think that the story of Louis XVI & Marie Antoinette makes you sick - do some research into what was done to this CHILD. It will make your blood shiver to think any little boy was treated the way grown men treated this child. One of the saddest things imaginable. So, add child murderers to the list of qualties the revolutionaries possessed.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:52 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

American Book Exchange (abe.com) has several of Elena Vidal's books available as well as thousands of books on Marie Antoinette, Louis XVI et.al. It's always my first stop for books (many are used and cheap); I've never been disappointed.

Happy hunting!

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:12 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Lilly wrote:
Deborah Cadbury's book explains the DNA testing and results - it was proved through DNA testing with strands of Marie Antoinette's hair to be the little dauphin's heart. If you think that the story of Louis XVI & Marie Antoinette makes you sick - do some research into what was done to this CHILD. It will make your blood shiver to think any little boy was treated the way grown men treated this child. One of the saddest things imaginable. So, add child murderers to the list of qualties the revolutionaries possessed.

According to Deborah Cadbury, based on the strands of hair found in Empress Maria Theresa's rosary, the heart belonged to a "child of a Habsburg princess" which means it *probably* belonged to the Dauphin but there is no way to prove it with 100% accuracy.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:57 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Artois wrote:
American Book Exchange (abe.com) has several of Elena Vidal's books available as well as thousands of books on Marie Antoinette, Louis XVI et.al. It's always my first stop for books (many are used and cheap); I've never been disappointed.

Happy hunting!

That's good to know. I never thought to look there.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:58 am
Royalty
Royalty

The hairs taken from the rosary belonged to older sisters Johanna-Gabriela (d.1762, age12) and Maria-Josepha (d.1767, age16). Marie Antoinette's hair was deemed too precious (pg 260 - Cadbury). Although there were 2 sources thought to have MA's hair - one in a museum and another from a private collection - (pgs. 260-61) - you are correct, Therese - the hair ultimately used for their confirmation was the sister's hair (pg 270).
Pg. 271- "The comparasion of the DNA appeared to show beyond all reasonable doubt that the heart came from a child that was maternally related to the Haspburg family" another quote "The scientific tests can only show the heart in the crypt has to belong to the son of a maternal relative of the Haspburg family".

Artois - I ordered 4 books from your site suggestion - Thanks!

Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2