Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Elisa di Rivombrosa 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Elisa di Rivombrosa
I have watched about 26 episodes of Italian series Elisa di Rivombrosa, produced in 2003, that was being showed on one TV channel in my country. Despite story, which is in my opinion quite shallow, I liked actors, costumes and locations so I really enjoyed watching it (I like stories that portrait life in 18th century).
Have you watched it? What do you think?

Last edited by Marija Vera on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:10 pm
Noble
Noble

Post Re: Elisa di Rivombrosa
I've never seen it. Where's it on and what's it about? :D

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Oh i know it! It's a very beautiful series, takes place in 18th century Italy. Although the story is not about Marie Antoinette, it's worth to see!
Yes, there are so beautiful costumes, old objects and buildings which make the series very colourful. It has a nice spirit and a nice music as well! And the story is also interesting.
Good 18th century tone!!!

If you'd like to see its intro... here you are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hS9rdgN ... re=related

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:55 pm
Royalty
Royalty

It's about a young and charmingly beautiful governess who fell in love with her lord:-)

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:59 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

yes, I know it. In Italy there was a period when everyone talked about it! But I haven't seen it..I confess I'ma bit prejudiced against it, because it looked like a soap-opera style love-story :D But if you say it's worth seeing, maybe I'll watch it!

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:53 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Of course a bit ligth and colloquial, not the same as for example Dangerous Liaisons... but also not equal with a soap opera from Argentina...

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:13 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I wouldn’t compare it with classic soap opera from Argentina. Story is about love, pride, revenge but those are universal themes. Anyway, good actors, costumes and locations makes it definitely worth seeing, especially for us who like 18th century drama. :)

Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:53 am
Royalty
Royalty

Yes I think so... I like it so much!

Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:59 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

One channel is again showing this lovely series in my country! :D
Rosalie, you have said that you didn’t watch it but, since you are from Italy, maybe you can tell me more about the actress Jane Alexander (she is playing evil Marquise Van Necker). Is she famous in Italy, did she had some significant roles? I am kind a interested in acting and I find her extremely beautiful and talented.

Here are some pictures-

Attachments:
storico46247162402164509_big.jpg
storico46247162402164509_big.jpg [ 30.76 KiB | Viewed 3327 times ]
File comment: Jane Alexander
ascarle21d_original.jpg
ascarle21d_original.jpg [ 30.39 KiB | Viewed 3327 times ]

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:07 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I don't know much about her, and I don't think she is very very famous in Italy: before you mentioned her to me, I had never heard of her, but this doesn't mean much, because I don't watch much tv. But now I launched a search on the web and I discovered she took part in several Italian films, and in some TV programmes as well.
This website could be of interesting (ven if I guess you already know it):
http://www.janealexander.net

Sorry I can't tell you more!

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:00 pm
Royalty
Royalty

There are an other actrice "Jane Alexander". She is elder than her and she was nominated for Oscar. I almost confused them!

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:09 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thank you for information and her site. Too bad I can’t speak Italian. I also made an impression that she didn’t make quite a career. Her photo gallery isn’t very full and her site doesn’t have much content even it’s well done.However she is amazing.

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:46 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

yes...sorry, I forgot to say that the website is in Italian :(

Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]