Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Letter Exchange 

Are you interested in exchanging letters with other members of our board?
I'd like to write and receive letters 83%  83%  [ 33 ]
I'd like to write letters 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'd like to receive letters 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I'm interested but worried about my privacy 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
I'm not interested at all 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 40

Letter Exchange 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Letter Exchange
I think LOLO123 u can find a lot of French speaking person on 'Le Boudoir de Marie-Antoinette' forum :D
http://maria-antonia.justgoo.com/

Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:06 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

ah yes! how could i forget? thank you anouk!

Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

oh yes I also practise my French this way :) And I really like this language

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:33 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Ok. Shall I take that as a confirmation that the mailbox idea is our preferred one? I am happy to run to the mailbox if everyone is happy with that, it maybe take me a little while to set it up though.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:14 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

yes, we love it so far :]
thank you for making my idea a reality Adrienne :D

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:43 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

I wonder though, we all live in different countries - how could Adrienne afford forwarding letters overseas and vice versa?

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:45 am
Royalty
Royalty

Fleur I earn some revenue from the site through advertising and book and picture sales, provided I am not forwarding many letters every week I believe it will be manageable. If I find it is not I may put a donation request on this thread and that way those who are able can make small contributions to the cost of postage.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:05 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

oh i didnt think about that! yikes, well I feel its only fair for all of us to atleast help Adrienne out after all shes done for us!

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

It's ok for me!

Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:18 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Je suis tellement content que cela commence!
:D

Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I'm on for that and you can write to me in French, English or German. However I think that the subject matter should turn around MA, Versailles, 18th century, books we read or recommend etc. As we don't know each other I can't see much point writing to each other about what we do every day..

Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:42 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, I also think that's a sensible starting point. If then one wants to write something else it will come natural. Personally, I could write in Italian, English or German (I'm trying t improve my German, so it would help).

Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:05 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Lol, ill write in any language im asked! ill do my best to respond, and baron your idea is perfect, thats what i had imagined in the first place.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

This subject gave me an idea.
I went to the Paris last year and I had visited the Versailles. Unfortunately, I had spent a lot of money in Vienna and in other places of Paris so I had money only to buy few souvenirs at the Versailles. I had bought few postcards, only one with Marie Antoinette image and one small notebook also with her image. Since I got more interested in her life, I very regret that I have only two souvenirs. Notebook I don’t even use but keep it like some treasure. However I remember that in the Versailles you could buy many beautiful souvenirs with her image.
So I was wondering is there anyone –from moderators of this site- who lives in Paris and visit Versailles from time to time. I would collect some amount of money (maybe 30 or 40 euros) and have enough trust to send it to one of the moderators so he/she could buy me some souvenirs and then send them to me. I don’t know if this is a possible solution, I hope so, since I can’t order souvenirs from the internet, even if I could find them, I don’t have a credit card and, even if I had it, I would have waited much longer.
Please inform me. I’ll be able to collect money by the end of the May since I doubt that my parents would like to cooperate (I am already addicted to shopping :roll: ).
Waiting for answer…

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:50 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Post Addresses
Ok, so we can start to get our letter writing arrangements underway, if you would be interested in receiving letters I will need to have your address so that I can forward the mail as it arrives. Please leave me either a private message or send me an email (editor@marie-antoinette.org) with the postal address you would like to have your mail sent to. Do not post it here, if you do I will edit the post and remove it. If you are emailing me please be sure to give me your forum name so I know who the address is coming from. You should also include the name you would like the mail addressed (this is just for the envelope, your name will not be revealed here to letter writers unless you choose).

I will allow a week for this to happen from today, once I have a list of addresses I will post the names of those participating in this forum and you may pick one, two or many people to write to. At that time i will also post the mailbox address (this may be a post office box or my own address, I have yet to decide which is the better way to go.)

Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:55 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next