Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Missing text 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Missing text
Dear members,
I don´t consider myself a novice when it comes to computers but could someone please explain to me why my introduction text is partly missing? I wrote among other things that I would contribute a fairly interesting fact about Marie-Antoinette. So here it comes. The population in Europe is 731 000 000 people. Half of this popualtion is genetically related to Marie-Antoinette. This means that they share a common gene. To find out if you are related to Marie-Antoinette you have to do a gene test. I will check for the company who does this test and post here as soon as I have found out.
Thorleif Nilsson

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:37 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Missing text
wow would you? i was born in london so........

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:53 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

This seems like a spam message Adrienne...

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:56 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Dear baron de batz,
Why did you think my message was a spam? Here is the information for you versailles: Go to www.decodeme.com. The test costs 985 US dollars. It takes about three weeks. You just scrape the inside of your cheek and send it back. A piece of cake.
Thorleif Nilsson

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:22 pm
Royalty
Royalty

I think because it reads ever so slightly like an advertisement Thorlief. You are not associated with this testing company at all are you?

Also your introduction looks quite complete to me, perhaps you can send me a note via private message to let me know what is missing and I can see if there is some error with the board.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:44 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Dear Adrienne,
I can assure you that I´m not in any way associated with this company! First of all I live in Sweden. I read an article about this gene test in a Swedish science journal named Illustrerad Vetenskap (issue # 9, 2008). I´m prepared to give you my personal log in code at www.illvet.se so that you can check out the article yourself. It´s a fact of life that facts sometimes cost money. I haven´t done this test myself. My wife would never approve since the cost is $ 985. Of course I´m curious. Who wouldn´t want to be genetically related to Marie-Antoinette even if you share this gene with 365 million other Europeans. Above all I´m just a humble seeker of knowledge, enlightment and facts. In fact I had another interesting fact about Marie-Antoinette, the French revolution and quantum physics but now I hesitate to mention it because someone might think that I´m doing an advertisement for a certain book. What do you think Adrienne?
/Thorleif

Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:36 am
Royalty
Royalty

It's quite ok, it's just that sometimes we recieve visitors to the forum who are not what they seem. I'm please that you are not among them :) Please go ahead and post about your book and facts, I am sure there are people here who would like to know what you have to share with us :)

Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:44 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Dear Adrienne,
Maybe I take MAO a little bit too seriously. I wouldn´t be surprised if some members look upon MAO as a playhouse. So? Exactly: So what? That´s fine with me. I have no problem with that. I think it´s great if members live out their fantasies about Marie-Antoinette and the era. I would do the same if I had the time, money and approval from my wife. She doesn´t even no that I´m now a member of MAO. To her Marie-Antoinette is Who?? It´s sad but one has to accept that people is different. Furthermore I´m a Swede and Axel von Fersen was a Swede and the Swedish king of the era was Gustav III (Gustavus III in English) the most lavished and snobbished person of that time. He loved everything about France and he spoke french like a native. My avatar picture is of Gustav III.
/Thorleif

Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:38 am
Royalty
Royalty

That sounds pretty cool, but I highly doubt I'm related to her. Even though I do look like her. :wink: 8)

Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Hellou_Librorum wrote:
Even though I do look like her.8)

You do Hellou! You are simply gorgeous :angel3:

Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:31 pm
Royalty
Royalty

I'm not gorgeous. :oops:

Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:45 am
Royalty
Royalty

Thorleif Nilsson wrote:
Dear Adrienne,
Maybe I take MAO a little bit too seriously. I wouldn´t be surprised if some members look upon MAO as a playhouse. So? Exactly: So what? That´s fine with me. I have no problem with that. I think it´s great if members live out their fantasies about Marie-Antoinette and the era. Thorleif

Don't get me wrong, dear Thorlief, but I do not think that most of us see this forum as a "playhouse", where we can "live out our fantasies". I take exception to this. We come here to discuss our dear queen and other related issues. We have our fun, and some are less serious about it than others but we are not silly young girls. If you want to take things "seriously" then please do not expect others to always do so.
:angel8:

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:44 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thorleif Nilsson wrote:
Dear Adrienne,
Maybe I take MAO a little bit too seriously. I wouldn´t be surprised if some members look upon MAO as a playhouse. So? Exactly: So what? That´s fine with me. I have no problem with that. I think it´s great if members live out their fantasies about Marie-Antoinette and the era. I would do the same if I had the time, money and approval from my wife. She doesn´t even no that I´m now a member of MAO. To her Marie-Antoinette is Who?? It´s sad but one has to accept that people is different. Furthermore I´m a Swede and Axel von Fersen was a Swede and the Swedish king of the era was Gustav III (Gustavus III in English) the most lavished and snobbished person of that time. He loved everything about France and he spoke french like a native. My avatar picture is of Gustav III.
/Thorleif

I don't think that is fair for you too say at all.
Especially since most of our experts here wouldn't have such activity present.

Thorleif Nilsson wrote:
Dear members,
I don´t consider myself a novice when it comes to computers but could someone please explain to me why my introduction text is partly missing? I wrote among other things that I would contribute a fairly interesting fact about Marie-Antoinette. So here it comes. The population in Europe is 731 000 000 people. Half of this popualtion is genetically related to Marie-Antoinette. This means that they share a common gene. To find out if you are related to Marie-Antoinette you have to do a gene test. I will check for the company who does this test and post here as soon as I have found out.
Thorleif Nilsson

Already know that answer, Louis XIV is My great(and so on) Grandfather.

Hellou_Librorum wrote:
I'm not gorgeous. :oops:

Quit lying :biggrin:

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:06 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thorleif Nilsson wrote:
Dear baron de batz,
Why did you think my message was a spam? Here is the information for you versailles: Go to http://www.decodeme.com. The test costs 985 US dollars. It takes about three weeks. You just scrape the inside of your cheek and send it back. A piece of cake.
Thorleif Nilsson

It's all very possible, because of situations like marriage but I do not believe half of Europe could be related.
Did you take into account, immigration?
Highly, unlikely.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:11 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

I highly doubt half of Europe is related to Marie Antoinette. I'm a skeptic.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next