Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:06 pm



Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 decapitation 
Author Message
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 74
Post decapitation
Did you all know that during the French revolution and the extensive use of the guillotine, some doctors immediately examined the heads as they fell off the body. What they wanted to establish was the question wether the mind is in the heart or the head. Here comes the scary part: What they did was that they spoke directly to the head usually by saying the name of the victim in order to see if there was any reaction. Guess what: in many cases there were! Some victims opened their eyes and some open their mouths. What does this indicate? Is it merely a neurological reaction or what? Yes it could be that, but a more likely answer is that the victims were conscious due to the fact that after the head had been choped off, the brain still has some oxygen left for about 4-5 seconds. If this was the case for our beloved Marie-Antoinette I don´t know. I wish from the bottom of my heart that she didn´t have to suffer for 4-5 seconds and hence being aware that her head, with this beautiful face, was no longer attached to her body. I can´t even imagine the pain those poor victims must have felt.
/Thorleif Nilsson


Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:09 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 2161
Location: France
Post Re: decapitation
Thorleif Nilsson wrote:
Did you all know that during the French revolution and the extensive use of the guillotine, some doctors immediately examined the heads as they fell off the body. What they wanted to establish was the question wether the mind is in the heart or the head. Here comes the scary part: What they did was that they spoke directly to the head usually by saying the name of the victim in order to see if there was any reaction. Guess what: in many cases there were! Some victims opened their eyes and some open their mouths. What does this indicate? Is it merely a neurological reaction or what? Yes it could be that, but a more likely answer is that the victims were conscious due to the fact that after the head had been choped off, the brain still has some oxygen left for about 4-5 seconds. If this was the case for our beloved Marie-Antoinette I don´t know. I wish from the bottom of my heart that she didn´t have to suffer for 4-5 seconds and hence being aware that her head, with this beautiful face, was no longer attached to her body. I can´t even imagine the pain those poor victims must have felt.
/Thorleif Nilsson

Thank you for sharing, I have also heard this.


Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:50 pm
Posts: 1681
Post Re: decapitation
It’s so scary and heartbreaking.
Thank you.
Thorleif Nilsson wrote:
What does this indicate? Is it merely a neurological reaction or what?

I think that’s the case. I know that after you cut the head of a chicken, it body is still moving and you may hear screaming for some time. I’ve never killed any animal but I know that’s the case. I don’t think it is possible that head is conscious for some time. :?

_________________
If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. St. Francis of Assisi


Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:10 am
Profile
Post Re: decapitation
This is scary :shock: I've heard that chicken can still run a few seconds after her head was cut off. There were cases(my aunt told me, since she lives in the country side and has chickens), when she was to prepare a chicken for the soup, poor chicken sometimes ran away without her head :(
So, after all, the guillotine was not painless mean as they thought. But it was fast, that's what the Terror needed.


Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:32 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am
Posts: 1545
Location: paris
Post Re: decapitation
Marija wrote:

I know that after you cut the head of a chicken, it body is still moving and you may hear screaming for some time.

Somewhat problematical to scream without a head, wouldn't you say, Marija? :lol:

_________________
"Fidelité et constance, sans espoir de récompense."


Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:55 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 2161
Location: France
Post Re: decapitation
Ahaha, I thought the exact same! Marija, you are a silly goose :]

Wouldn't the chicken have to get up and run around? Because normally you ring there neck, and then lay them down to cut off the head...

"You're running around like a chicken with their head cut off."
Guess that's where the phrase comes from!


Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:50 pm
Posts: 1681
Post Re: decapitation
I know its sounds stupid but I’ve really heard it! :lol:
I will ask someone who is expert in killing chickens and let you know. :angry1:


Baron, next time when you read that I’ve wrote something that doesn’t make sense, be a cavalier and be quiet! :lol:

_________________
If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. St. Francis of Assisi


Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:26 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 2161
Location: France
Post Re: decapitation
Alrighty :]


Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:50 pm
Posts: 1681
Post Re: decapitation
I am joking of course! :angel5:
You can always say whatever you want to me.

_________________
If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. St. Francis of Assisi


Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:52 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 2161
Location: France
Post Re: decapitation
I know :D


Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am
Posts: 1545
Location: paris
Post Re: decapitation
Marija Vera wrote:
I know its sounds stupid but I’ve really heard it! :lol:
I will ask someone who is expert in killing chickens and let you know. :angry1:


Baron, next time when you read that I’ve wrote something that doesn’t make sense, be a cavalier and be quiet! :lol:


I think that you were suffering from post traumatic stress...it was you that was screaming my dear.....

Lie down on the couch and tell the Baron about it.... :)

_________________
"Fidelité et constance, sans espoir de récompense."


Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:32 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:50 pm
Posts: 1681
Post Re: decapitation
baron de batz wrote:
Lie down on the couch and tell the Baron about it.... :)

More and more like Vicomte de Valmont… :lol:

_________________
If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. St. Francis of Assisi


Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:15 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am
Posts: 1545
Location: paris
Post Re: decapitation
Leave a copy of the key on the mantelpiece... :wink:

_________________
"Fidelité et constance, sans espoir de récompense."


Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:17 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 2161
Location: France
Post Re: decapitation
baron de batz wrote:
Leave a copy of the key on the mantelpiece... :wink:

aha :D Valmont!


Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:50 pm
Posts: 1681
Post Re: decapitation
baron de batz wrote:
Leave a copy of the key on the mantelpiece... :wink:


Only if you promise me that we won’t have all these difficulties… :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz21Cg7D ... re=related

_________________
If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. St. Francis of Assisi


Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:27 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.