Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The party of all parties 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: The party of all parties
Marija wrote:

I think I am more similar to Catharine the Great or Elisabeth I

Aim high Marija, aim high! :)

Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:29 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

baron de batz wrote:
Aim high Marija, aim high!

Always Baron, always…

Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:34 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I believe that Louis XVI was present at this party of all parties. He would have to be, as King of France, at a party in honor of the King of Sweden. It was a diplomatic impossibility for him not to attend. Given the probability of his presence, doesn't that shed some doubt on Antoinette and Fersen sneaking off into a dark corner? Particularly considering that everything she did and said was reported in Paris the next day, and twisted into vicious gossip to be used against her.

Do you really think a woman of such high character would have an illegitimate son with her lover, and then try to pass him off as the next King of France? Particularly in a time and place where breeding, the "Blood Royal" was taken deadly seriously. And then to do it right under her husband's nose, and the noses of the whole court who were continously plotting against her???

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:45 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Why not Christophe? The sexual tension would sky rocket! After all Marie-Antoinette was just another human being in that respect. Face it, we don´t know what she did every single hour or every single day in her entire life. She became almost 38 years old. 38 * 365 = 13 870 days or 13 870 * 24 = 332 880 hours. I think she had plenty of time to fool around and I hope she did! You only live once.
Thorleif Nilsson

Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:27 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Outstanding, and worthy of an ovation!.......(of course I am speaking about the math) :wink:

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:37 am
Royalty
Royalty

Thorlief, when you read our discussions about Antoinette and Fersen, you will see that it was not in her nature to think and act like we do today. Simply because you think a healthy young woman would want to throw herself at a known lothario doesn't mean it happened, either. I do not see a proud Hapsburg archduchess and Mother of France taking such a risk. :roll:

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:05 am
Royalty
Royalty

I simply don't believe she did. I'm sure her attitude couldn't allowed to do it.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2