Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Hello! 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Hello!
Hi - okay so formal introduction now .... My name is Faye and I am 27 yrs old from Nouvelle Zealande!
I have just gotten married on february 23rd and on the 25th we left to go to Paris (and Europe) for the honeymoon - France where I have always wanted to travel to, love the language (unfortunately still learning!) and will be back next year - yay! Whilst there I spent a lot of time trying to find Marie Antoinette. I was actually quite surprised from a foreigners point of view how little there is of her and her family and that whole history to find. The husband thinks I am mad!
Highlight of the trip was Versailles - when you come from such a little and "new" place by comparison - it is unbelievable! My imagination does not do it justice!
Low light of the trip was missing the Marie Antoinette exhibition at the Grand Palais!!! CANT BELIEVE I MISSED IT BY FIVE DAYS!!!!
Anyways - love the community and just wanted to apologise for being such a "newbie"!
big hello to Hellou!! :D

Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:25 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post Re: Hello!
Most welcome!

Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:46 am
Hi faye! Lovely to see another kiwi on here :wink: Where bouts are you from in NZ?

You are so lucky you went to Versailles! I am hoping to make it to make it to Europe next year.. and of course Versailles is on the agenda!! How long did you feel you needed to get around and see it all? I would be so dissapointed to get there and have not scheduled enough time to get a good look around!

P.S my boyfriend thinks im totally MA crazy aswell haha!! :help:

Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:08 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Hey Lis De Neige! I am from Auckland ... what about you?
We were in Paris for 2 weeks .. originally scheduled only 1 week but absolutely fell in love with the place and that was enough time to do pretty much all the touristy things! So i would say if you have an extra two weeks go for it!!! Paris was absolutely amazing when you come from NZ the differences are absolutely fabulous!! you will have an awesome time and DEFINITELY do Versailles! if for nothing else than to just BE THERE you know. Unfortunatley the Petit Trianon was closed for renovations when we were there, but we still explored the grounds and went to MA's hamlet! - will definitely be going back to see the inside of the Petit Trianon!

we went in March and really the weather wasnt much different to Aucks! and no big crowds to deal with so that was good too! Next year we will go back hopefully for their summer (SO over winter here at the moment aye!)

What month are you planning to travel??

Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:38 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Welcome Faye!!!! :D
You come from a beautiful place: I'd love to visit New Zealand!

Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:02 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Omygosh Rosalie... are you from Italy??? now THAT was a beautiful place!! :D

Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:12 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Read it just now Faye, I'm sorry!
Oh yes, I'm from Italy and it's actually a very beautiful place :angel5: But New Zealand must be gorgeous too!

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]