Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Dreams of Antoinette and the Revolution 
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post Dreams of Antoinette and the Revolution
I think that it would be a good idea if we had a forum within which people could post and discuss actual dreams that they might have had involving Marie Antoinette, 18th Century France or anything relating to the Revolution. Would anyone be interested in sharing their REAL and UNEMBELLISHED dreams with us? Furthermore, has anyone ever experienced 'deja vu' or a so called 'past life memory' regarding any of the above topics? I know it might sound far out, but it is also very interesting in this day and age. I myself have never had 'deja vu' or a past life memory relating to 18th century France or the Revolution, but my friend did. Years ago, when we were teenagers or thereabout, we were lying out by my pool listening to this cassette by Dick Sutphen that was a hypnotic regression tape. It was really a trip, but I still don't know what to think. Anyway, I saw myself with sandals and was in Egypt, but the interesting thing was that my friend Tony saw himself in what he called 'Pilgrim shoes' and he was being led to the Guillotine. I don't think Tony knew anything about the Revolution, being entirely a party animal of grandiose proportions, so I found his experience very interesting. After reading a book about Marie Antoinette, I had a couple of dreams that were interesting because I think it shows the impact that such stories have on our psyches. Perhaps there is even something archetypical about the whole Antoinette saga that resonates deeply within the archetypical content of our collective subconscious. Anyway, my dreams were permeated by a feeling of doom and yuckiness. In one I was climbing the stairs of an old, somewhat dilapitated house that belonged to someone called 'The Marquis' or 'Monsieur' or something and I was trying to 'steal' or 'preserve' as many small porcelain figurines as I could and then get away. There was more porcelain than I could carry, but I kept going up the stairs, looking for more. In the other, I was in a palace bedroom wondering what to do and then I was trying to sneak out of there with some children. We had been moved there and I think had brought some meager suitcases or something. Everything seemed kind of empty. It was not a nice dream, being permeated with the sounds, shading, color and feeling of doom. The lighting in the bedroom was stark and the colors on the walls were an almost sickening satin-like terracotta/ pink or rose. The bed was big, but seemed to have been stripped of proper bedding if I remember correctly and everything was permeated with unpleasantness. Oh, and there was no food. It had all been taken and it looked as though everthing had been ransacked. There was a little room down the hall on the right after one left the bedroom and it was a place for servants to prepare tea and snacks I think and there was no good food in it. I could draw a picture of the bedroom and of the side of the building through which I put a young, blonde boy out the window (as well as the front and first floor and staircase of the house with the porcelain figurines). Alongside those windows was an 'alley-like' side area that had a wall on the opposire side of the building and led to an iron gate. When this dream ended, I was walking rapidly towards the gate with children in either hand hoping that no one would stop or catch me before I could get out. The building was in town and I think made of gray stone with tall medium sized windows in rows. Anyway, those are my two dreams, which occurred after I had read a book and my mind had been affected by the story. I think it would be interesting to hear others' experiences, especially 'past life' stuff, which I have never experienced, even though I find it intriguing...
Ray

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Last edited by Ray on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:04 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Dreams of Antoinette and the Revolution
How interesting. Egypt and France? I must say, your second dream sunds as if you were fleeign the germans in an invaded city. Escaping with the children. Hmm...

Marquis, or monsieur. Also, interesting. Porcelain figures were very valuable.

I've always had dreams of palaces. Always the same palace over and over. In fact, it doesn't exist. I last dreamt it after my grandmother died. I only dream of it after someone close to me dies. But they must be a female.

When a male family member dies, I see a green glowing hallway, and I walk to the end with an iron gate.* I then open the door to find the male tied hanging up at the wrists. He looks at me, then I wake up.

Those are recurring dreams. Famously, I have edgar cayce type of situation. I will tell everything that will happen the next day outloud, but in a different language. Once I did in mandarin, and no one could understand me. Once when I was seven, I was sleeping on the couch before everyone came over for thanksgiving, and I blurted out that the Turkey would be burnt. I said it in swedish. I aslo described what outfit I would pick out, and how many unattractive girls I would see. I'm a very strange kid. :/

One pretaining to Versailles, I saw "Logan Louis Victor d'Provence, Duc d'Auvergne. December 23, 1789" written on the fireplace mantel in the Bedchamber of Madame DuBarry. What's weird, that's my birthday. Only 219 years ago. Now, if I go crawling behind the chimney, and see that, I'm going to have a heart attack. Logan, isn't a french name. I've only been to her apartments once. It's creepy.

The dream that scares me the most is the palace one, because at first, I walk inthe front door, and the staircase is in the manner of the Ambassadors at Versailles, and there are 3 doors, two on either side and one in front. The lighting color is amber, or sanguine. I go to the door and wake up. That was the second time. The third time, when my grandmother died, I was driving up the hill, and stopped at a trailer to get some guns, and head up to the Palace. We drive up the hill, and walk in, I wake up.

I have had one dream abotu Egypt, and I was beside King tut, patted on the shoulder and told to switch places with him, he got up and stood next to me, handed me his wig, and I sat in the throne. Maybe this tells us something, maybe I pretended to be him, and I was the one who died, and he got to live. How weird would that be?!

Pretaining to MA, recently, ShaktiValkyrie posted a Portrait of MA in Romania, wearing the court attire of Romania, crown included. But, MA never left France. Could she have switched places? Perhaps with Marie Christine? Or was it Carolina? Wouldn't it be magical, if MA switched with MC, and Marie Therese with Ernestine? Sadly, la reine de Naples would be killed, but MA saved.

* the same iron gate maybe? Although I speak of one at a prison.

Hope this works?

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Monsieur le Comte,

WOW! Those are very interesting experiences. I just saw a thing on either the Discovery channel or National Geographic or something about Edgar Cayce and he was a fascinating guy. Mandarin and Swedish? You know there was a lady from England who died just before I moved there the first time known as Om Seti. I think her real name was Dorothy Eady or something, but there are many books by and about her. When she was a child, she fell down some stairs and woke up speaking ancient Egyptian. She spent most of her time at the Egyptian Section of the British Museum and as soon as she could, she left for Egypt, married there, and began trying to restore the temple of Osiris at Abydos. There is a National Geograophic special about her or at least that includes her as well. Anyway, she was quite famous, insisting that she was a reincarnated priestess at the temple. The Egyptian Department of Antiquities allowed her to live beside the temple and gave her the keys. She lived there for years and years, trying to restore and care for the temple and accepting visitors from all over the world. Naturally she would have died before I could meet her, but I went to her house and spoke with one of her heirs or somebody and he showed me some of her letters, which were very normal and had nothing to do with anything interesting. I also spoke to a Tour Guide from Luxor who said that toward the end of her life, she was insane, but then Abdallah is a really unimaginative guy as well as a thief who stole a lot of books from me when I was young and naive. Anyway, you might want to check out her story if you are not familiar with it. The language thing you mentioned made me think of her story. Thanks for sharing your dreams, also. Lots of food for thought...

Thanks again,
Ray

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:55 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I've heard of her. The temple of Osiris, I've only seen it in Pictures. I went on some fakey tour of Old Alexandrea called the Cleopatra tour, and basically, wasted 4 hours of my life. I had to go inside because of my photo dermatosis. The next day I went to Giza.(:

It does sound weird though, I don't speak mandarin at all. I wonder if she kept speaking ancient Egyptian? Or had any egyptian interests prior to the fall?

Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

I recall being with my sister. I saw Antoinette sitting in a chair wearing a red dress similar to the one in 1785. I remember her face was not exactly youthful there were light wrinkles, I still recognized her. She was majestic, but not a proud majestic feeling like Louis the fourteenth, it was a more sad dignity. I could tell the Revolution was making her suffer. I said something apologetic . The main action I remember is kissing her hand and leaving. It was rather strange.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:54 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

wow...I am so surprised, that you do dream of Marie Antoinette

I would love to dream of her...

reine :angel6:

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:26 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Wow, great thread. I did mention before about my dreams of the 18th century in this site, just can't remember which thread though. I have had a couple of dreams of it prior to discovering la Reine. My first dream was being inside a palace, servants opened the double doors for me... I remember seeing men in uniforms, I believed the ones accompanying me were politicians of that era. It was during a time of revolution, I was outdoors and there was so much chaos. I died in that dream because I had lost my head. This dream was a good 4 or 5 years ago, hard for me to elaborate it since it was so long ago. The second dream was of me, playing with my daughter and a beloved friend of mine in a garden. We were running around chasing each other, kinda playing hide and seek with my daughter. I remember what we were wearing the most. My friend was wearing the white chemise dress with the colored sash tied around her waist, I was wearing a similar one, and we were running and I had run into a man, quite handsome... and I remembered having fond feelings for him, and he played along with us. This was a pleasant dream...it felt like a memory, a good one because I felt at ease and very peaceful.

Other current dreams I had was not too long ago. There was one of me in my home in that time period of the 18th century. I was a young girl and I knew that because everyone around me was much taller. I was around many women, I sense they were all my sisters. There was a lot of gossip, resentment, jealousy.... but what I remembered most in that dream was hearing the name Charlotte, and I was looking for her. Another dream I had was being led to the scaffold. There were many others around me who were about to be executed. The sad part about that dream was seeing people getting executed, and nothing in the dream was much clearer than the guillotine itself. It was horrid. Those who had their heads chopped had their heads put back on their necks by the executioners and they were forced to carry themselves off the scaffold, and in those few seconds... they'd fall off the platform into a pile of dead bodies along with its remaining. I was petrified, and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was looking past the crowd of onlookers, citizens of the city, the sky was a dark gray, cold, I looked at a tower clock, but not at the time because it didn't matter to me. I saw a figure near the tower, looking from afar and wishing that it were me, free, free of death, away from the crowd that was thirsty for my blood. And then suddenly, it was like my soul in the dream transit from the scaffold to the figure that I saw standing far off from the crowd near the tower, and I looked back where all the commotion was and those whose fate will fall under the sharp blades of the guillotine. I was able to run free, but instead...I stayed, waited, and watch in pity for those left behind and my life was spared miraculously. That was how my dream ended. I told that dream to one of my clients at work who is familiar with this kinda thing and she also reads tarot cards. She told me about a book that described what my dream was exactly, but I never saw her again because I had to quit for maternity reasons. Now I'm ever so curious to know what book it is, and what it says about it.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:43 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Your experiences are all very interesting! Thanks for sharing!
I had a dream concerning MA once, before I started getting really interested in her. I think the Coppola fil had just come out, so I was probably influenced by this. I had a time machine and I went back to the time of the Revolution. When I arrived, people were storming a palace, but the palace had the looks of a school, and infact there were boys and girls in jeans trying to escape everywere. I entered the palace (or school?) and a certain point I met MA. She looked like fifteen and had more or less Kirsten Durst's face, but not as she is actually in the movie: in my dreams, for example, she was red-haired (a bit like she was in Spider-Man). She asked me to help her escape and I felt the urge to hel her, like I absoòlutely wanted to avoid her tragedy to come true. So I remember I led her through the palace's corridors, and then we were out and I hoped nobody would recognize her...I think I led her by the hand. Then we could escape and I took her to the railway station, where I made her go on the first train. I still remember her thanking me while stepping on...
It's a very weird and funny dream, I know :rainbow: It's not a past-life dream or something of that sort, it's just something that happened because I had heard of the film. I like thinking, though, that it was the proof MA had already hit my imagination. I remember feeling the need to change her destiny, which is very similar to what I feel for her now.

I also have premonitions in dreams sometimes, but they're not related to MA or the 18th century. It happens rarely, but when it happens I know that what I dreamt is going to happen. It's like it's a different kind of dream. It always concerns things going to happen to people to which I'm very much tied, although in different senses. For example, I dreamt of Pope John Paul II's death about a month before he had the last crises that led him to death (and in that period he was quite well, so there was nothing to made me think he was about to die); and I dreamt my grandmother getting seriously ill (I still remember waking up quite scared and trying to convince myself it was only a dream). Other times, I had premonitions of this kind while I'm awake. For example, once I felt a sudden wave of antipathy towards one oof my friends' boyfriend, absolutely with no reason; and half an hour later I knew they had just broken up without there had been any sign of it before.
I'm happy to learn I'm not the only one...sometimes I feel a bit strange :angel2:

Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:30 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

My MA experiences... well...I don't know if they are the kind of experiences you look for, but here they go:
1.- I discovered her in front of her tomb.... I have already told my experience here but there is nothing paranormal in it.
2.- When visiting the Trianons in Summer 2007
a) The Big Trianon: I cannot describe the peace I felt while walking through the gardens...
b) The Hameau: I did not have enough time to visit everything and suddendly, something guided me to the places I HAD to visit. I was in MA's cave (which I discovered by chance and I even sat down on the same place MA used to), visited the English garden and one of the little buildings that were used to dance (sorry I don't remember the names) and was able to get the LAST train to be back to the palace....
3.- I bought a book on M. du Barry. The same day I started to read it my glasses fell on the floor and I stepped on them (I had to buy a new ones) and other little disaster things happened to me. I took it as if MA did not like me to read about her. I re-started to read the book again with a different point of view: trying to find the mistakes about MA that could be found on it. I found so many that I wrote to the editorial and they decided to give me another book for free (whit a different title that had nothing to do with MA).
4.- My 'meeting' with Catalina of Habsburg which I told in another post. I did not know that she was going to be there. I just started to walk and I ended up there...(It was not in my plans)

With other historical people:
1.- I was in front of the tomb where Lannes (Napoleon's marechal) had been buried before being taken to the Panteon. Something told me... 'I loved her but you, my second, were the one I loved the most... You were the special to me...You were everything to me...' I did not know why I was 'listening' to that... When I told my bf, he told me that Lannes had only married once and that that was nonsense but after a search on Internet we discovered that he had been married twice and that his second wife was really what I had been 'listening' to.
2.- I was looking at a mirror that had been used by Napoleon III (I know nothing about him and the mirror was in an exhibition about Napoleon in Paris this summer 2008). I 'saw' someone lying on a bed, crying, left alone and in deep sorrow. Loneliness was all around and that feeling really got me...
I asked my bf about it and he explained me that what I 'saw' was a constant in NIII last years.... I did not know about it before!!!!!

You may think I am crazy but this is the real stuff that happened to me..

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:55 pm
Royalty
Royalty

agila13 wrote:
3.- I bought a book on M. du Barry. The same day I started to read it my glasses fell on the floor and I stepped on them (I had to buy a new ones) and other little disaster things happened to me. I took it as if MA did not like me to read about her. I re-started to read the book again with a different point of view: trying to find the mistakes about MA that could be found on it.

wow, such a nice idea! I'll try it!

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]