Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 So glad to find you! 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post So glad to find you!
Greetings from florida! My name is Manda. I am obsessed with all things Marie Antoinette. I cannot wait to start chatting with everyone about the queen of my heart! So far I have read, Abundance, The memoirs of Madam Campan, The journey and most recently..Marie Therese:Child of Terror. I enjoyed the Sopia Coppola version of Marie Antoinette and thought Kirsten Dunst was fabulous esp..the scene where she is reading a letter from her mother. I thought the older 1940ish I think, picture Marie Antoinette was beautifuly shot but so poorly written. I know it is an old movie but the history was so pathetically screwed up although Tyrone Power as Axel Fersen was very HOT! I absolutely HATED "The Diamond Necklace Affair" with Hillary Swank. That movie was wrong wrong wrong!!! MA was the victim in that situation and yet Hollywood continues to crucify her and we are teaching old lies to new generations! So I'm Manda, LOVE to be among those loyal to my girl Antoinette and can't wait to chat with you all :)As a liner note, I have a five month old that I named Axl. And my hubby knows if we have a daughter well...you can assume correctly I am sure :)

Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:28 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: So glad to find you!
Hello and welcome, Axelrocksmyworld! I hope you find this site as beneficial and stimulating as the rest of us do. There are many posts covering the subject of Fersen under many different topics. I agree with you, I really enjoyed the Coppola movie. Others here did not. There are also some of us who believe that Fersen and the Queen were not lovers. You may find the topic; Axel von Fersen and Marie Antoinette a very interesting read. Enjoy!

Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:24 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Welcome here Manda. I live in Paris, so I guess that you could say that the Queen haunts my every step, as so many places in this city remind me of events in her life. But next week I'll be in your neck of the woods....Miami, Florida! But I always have a Marie Antoinette book with me, so I never feel that far away. And it'll be nice to feel the sun on my face again...

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:48 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Thank you both for your nice replies! Axel Fersen is what first instigated my MA obsession. My oldest son is named Ozzy and I talked my husband into naming our second Axl. When I looked up the name Axl, a lot of stuff about AxEl Fersen popped up and I began reading about him and have for the last few years been glued to everything MA! Oh, I do really hope that she and Fersen had a love affair! It is such a beautiful story. Even in death Axel fought for her and traveled Europe trying to retrieve her things for Marie Therese, ever loyal.

My dream is to visit Paris and Versailles before I die. Ah, but while in Miami just walk fast, honk the car horn and you'll fit right in ha! Be sure to visit south Beach :)

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Hello AxelRocksMyWorld! Welcome to these fabulous forums. If you have any questions or concerns just PM me. Have fun!

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:48 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Hello, Axelrocksmyworld! :)
You have a very cool nickname :D
I agrre with you about the scene in the Coppola movie when she reads the letter, I also like that scene very much! And I'm sure on this website you can find a lot of information both about Fersen and MA.

So...read you soon!

Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:46 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

You guys are awesome here! I have already learned stuff after just a few days. Thank you for letting me be a part of this!

Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Welcome Axel! :wave:

Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]