Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What are you collecting? 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: What are you collecting?
I have a lot of pictures of art and clothing it's embarrassing to say this but I have literally four thousand images. :oops:

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:20 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Glad you all enjoyed the joke.

I have to say I've given up collecting anything. I emptied out my parent's house a few years ago, and definitely gave up collecting books, not to mention stamps and coins. There were enough books there to outfit a county library. I go to the library.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:39 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Baronne wrote:
I' ve been collecting all the paintings from the 18th century i could find on internet...there's hardly enough space on my computer anymore :)

I just wanted to let you know, there's a seller on ebay that sells reproduction of 18th century paintings, including Marie Antoinette herself. I'm currently bidding on one....

or you can check out the rest of it here...
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=portrait+of+marie+antoinette

And yes, these are oil on canvas hand painted. I was skeptical at first of the seller, but from reading all the other feedbacks on other paintings, it seems like I can trust it. Besides it's Marie Antoinette...anything with her on it, I'll buy!

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:13 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

reine wrote:
jolie_blon wrote:
I started a collection of crystal animal figures years ago..... currently I love collecting music boxes. :cat:

what do you mean with music box?

reine :angel6:

A music box is a box that has an enclosed piece of machinery that you would wind-up and it will play a song. THey come in all different shapes and sizes and play all different kinds of music!

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:56 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Oh yeah....
I collect recipes, beautiful dress shoes, and Louis XV or XVI reproduction furniture or anything that has something to do with 18th century.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:00 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Photocopies of original printed keyboard music (sonatas, arrangements, variations, songs [some including lyrics}, potpourris of favorite tunes from the ballets and operas) mainly from the Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris and British Library in London. I have branched out to a few in Germany, Italy, and Sweden, thanks to the "Repertoire Internationale des Sources Musicales" which lists the holdings of libraries around the world. So few of the forgotten composers, arrangers, and pasticheurs of the period have not had been revived in modern printed editions, but the situation is rapidly improving - especially in sound recordings.

Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2