Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Catalina of Habsbourg 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Catalina of Habsbourg
Well, last thursday was a brilliant day!
I went to a shopping center for a walk and when I was there I saw a big poster in which you could read that Catalina of Habsbourg was going to sign her last book about Sissi that evening. So I decided to buy her book on MA to get it signed. When I was asking for the book, someone behind me said to someone else... 'They are asking for you' and I turned around and there she was! She looked at me and said..'Hello' and I greeted her and told her I was looking for her book on MA because I was a BIG fan. She said she would be glad to sign it so a couple of minutes later so she did! She started to talk to me about MA and told me that she did not like Coppola's film due to the historical mistakes, the too frivolous point of view about MA that was showed on it and because in the film you could not learn about how much MA loved her husband.
I had to share this with you because I don't think that talking to an Habsbourg is something that you do everyday (not me at least) and because I have a book on MA signed by an Habsbourg!!!!! This makes me feel :queen:
Best Regards!!!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:20 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Catalina of Habsbourg
Wow, you're so lucky! I adore this lady. Although her book on Marie Antionette is not my very favourite, I especially love her writing style. Thank you for sharing this story, I can imagine how glad you are now!
May I ask, where did you meet her exactly?

Thanks in advance!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:10 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I did in Madrid (where I live), Spain. There are lots of big shopping centers named 'El Corte Inglés' and she was in one of them (in Nuevos Ministerios one, that's its name). It was last Thursday at 18:30.
I think she lives in Italy but she was promoting her last book about Sissi. I must tell that I have not read any book by her by now... and that MA's one will be the first!
Best Regards!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:52 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Oh thanks

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:06 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

oh, what an exiting day :blob7:

reine :angel6: